    http://i7.tinypic.com/8g6ywx1.jpg
    http://i15.tinypic.com/7x17g5t.jpg

    https://www.mixmaster.it

    George Orwell, Jan 3, 2008

  2. George Orwell

    cew Guest

    George Orwell wrote:
    > Here are links to pictures of the 2 bad capacitors on my Intel D865PERL
    > motherboard:
    >
    > http://i7.tinypic.com/8g6ywx1.jpg
    > http://i15.tinypic.com/7x17g5t.jpg
    >
    > Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
    > non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real
    > reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
    > di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system
    > Per maggiori informazioni |For more info
    > https://www.mixmaster.it

    Thanks. Mine are still concave on the top.

    cew, Jan 5, 2008

  3. George Orwell

    cew Guest

    Re: I think it's fixed

    George Orwell wrote:
    > Here are links to pictures of the 2 bad capacitors on my Intel D865PERL
    > motherboard:
    >
    > http://i7.tinypic.com/8g6ywx1.jpg
    > http://i15.tinypic.com/7x17g5t.jpg
    >
    > Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
    > non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real
    > reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
    > di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system
    > Per maggiori informazioni |For more info
    > https://www.mixmaster.it

    I'm a little embarrassed, but also perplexed. I think the solid hang ups (requiring a hard reset) I
    was having were caused by a lousy f&^%&*ng SATA cable, that was coming lose from the disk. (cable
    came with the WD disk) At least, after I noticed that, and got a cable with a locking mechanism, no
    more hangups for 4 weeks now, and no other problems either. The only reboots were deliberate - once
    a week after a backup.
    Had I thought of it, I would have assumed a connection problem with a disk cable (while computer was
    running), would cause an error message, instead of a solid hangup. Previously, I had tried leaving
    the computer hung for more than an hour to see if some timeout would happen.
    But no.

    cew, Feb 24, 2008
  4. Re: I think it's fixed

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:01:34 -0700, cew <> wrote:

    >was having were caused by a lousy f&^%&*ng SATA cable, that was coming
    >lose from the disk.

    The D865PERL must have been a 1st generation motherboard with SATA.
    There's no provision for cable retention. I've found the SATA cables that
    come with the motherboard work best as they make a slight click when
    inserted on the motherboard connector. While it doesn't take much effort
    to pull the cable off, it does stay on well enough.

    OTOH, I recently tried a locking SATA cable that came with a newer Intel
    motherboard. When used on the D865PERL, the cable had no click and would
    simply fall off with just the weight of the cable pulling downward when the
    case was placed upright. So I went back to the original lockless cables
    and all was fine.

    The newer SATA design has an outer shell that is locked into by metal
    springs on the locking SATA cable.

    https://www.mixmaster.it

    George Orwell, Feb 24, 2008
  5. George Orwell

    cew Guest

    Re: I think it's fixed

    George Orwell wrote:
    > On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:01:34 -0700, cew <> wrote:
    >
    >> was having were caused by a lousy f&^%&*ng SATA cable, that was coming
    >> lose from the disk.

    > The D865PERL must have been a 1st generation motherboard with SATA.
    > There's no provision for cable retention. I've found the SATA cables that
    > come with the motherboard work best as they make a slight click when
    > inserted on the motherboard connector. While it doesn't take much effort
    > to pull the cable off, it does stay on well enough.
    >
    > OTOH, I recently tried a locking SATA cable that came with a newer Intel
    > motherboard. When used on the D865PERL, the cable had no click and would
    > simply fall off with just the weight of the cable pulling downward when the
    > case was placed upright. So I went back to the original lockless cables
    > and all was fine.
    >
    > The newer SATA design has an outer shell that is locked into by metal
    > springs on the locking SATA cable.
    >
    > Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
    > non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real
    > reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
    > di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system
    > Per maggiori informazioni |For more info
    > https://www.mixmaster.it

    I think my original cable came with the HD. The new one I bought clicks when pushed onto the disk
    connector (where the old one was coming loose), and it doesn't pull off easily.

    cew, Feb 26, 2008
  6. George Orwell

    nospam Guest

    nospam, Mar 15, 2008
  7. On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 09:46:23 -0400, nospam <> wrote:

    >> http://i7.tinypic.com/8g6ywx1.jpg
    >> http://i15.tinypic.com/7x17g5t.jpg

    >Made in China?????

    No, they are Nichicon, Made in Japan.

    http://www.nichicon.co.jp/english/index.html

    https://www.mixmaster.it

    George Orwell, Mar 15, 2008
  8. George Orwell

    Trent Guest

    Trent, Mar 17, 2008
  9. George Orwell

    nospam Guest

    Trent wrote:
    > On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 20:23:42 +0100 (CET) George Orwell
    > <> wrote in Message id:
    > <>:

    >>> Made in China?????

    >> No, they are Nichicon, Made in Japan.
    >>
    >> http://www.nichicon.co.jp/english/index.html

    > Maybe, maybe not:
    > http://www.nichicon-us.com/english/products/index.html
    > Check out the alert halfway down the page.

    Good eyes!! I assume therefore that since the Japanese do not
    manufacture motherboards, the Chinese board makers use their own Chinese
    manufactured cheap shit?

    nospam, Mar 18, 2008