Plug more than one fan?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nicolas Poirier, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. I have one four pin plug on my mother board to plug the power supply fan but
    my pc case has also its own fan. So I have to plug more than one fan on the
    same plug.

    Is there a kind of splitter selled somewhere to plug more than one fan? What
    do people do when they have more than one fan?

    Thanks
    Nicolas Poirier

    1. Advertising

  2. It's three pins, sorry...
    In documentation, it's named "FM/FC connector".
    I have one my power supply and one comming from my fan.

    "Nicolas Poirier" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > I have one four pin plug on my mother board to plug the power supply fan

    but
    > my pc case has also its own fan. So I have to plug more than one fan on

    the
    > same plug.
    >
    > Is there a kind of splitter selled somewhere to plug more than one fan?

    What
    > do people do when they have more than one fan?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Nicolas Poirier

    1. Advertising

  3. I've ordered a "3PIN TO 4PIN MOLEX CONVERTOR / ADAPTER" so I'll be able to
    plug my case fan to the power supply and leave the motherboard's plug free
    for the power supply's FM/FC connector.

    Thank you for your comments :)
    It's been a great help.
    __________________

    > I have one four pin plug on my mother board to plug the power supply fan

    but
    > my pc case has also its own fan. So I have to plug more than one fan on

    the
    > same plug.
    >
    > Is there a kind of splitter selled somewhere to plug more than one fan?

    What
    > do people do when they have more than one fan?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Nicolas Poirier

  4. Mike Walsh

    Mike Walsh Guest

    The third wire is for a speed sensor. You can run as many fans as you want by splitting the 12 volts, but most motherboards will monitor the speedof only 2 fans.

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

  5. Aki

    Aki Guest

    Actually, most M/Bs will monitor power supply, CPU and system fans.....it
    makes three of them....

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.