    do people do when they have more than one fan?

    Thanks
    Nicolas Poirier

    Nicolas Poirier, Jan 5, 2005

  2. It's three pins, sorry...
    In documentation, it's named "FM/FC connector".
    I have one my power supply and one comming from my fan.

    "Nicolas Poirier" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > I have one four pin plug on my mother board to plug the power supply fan

    but
    > my pc case has also its own fan. So I have to plug more than one fan on

    the
    > same plug.
    >
    > Is there a kind of splitter selled somewhere to plug more than one fan?

    What

    Nicolas Poirier, Jan 5, 2005

  3. I've ordered a "3PIN TO 4PIN MOLEX CONVERTOR / ADAPTER" so I'll be able to
    plug my case fan to the power supply and leave the motherboard's plug free
    for the power supply's FM/FC connector.

    Thank you for your comments :)
    It's been a great help.
    __________________

    Nicolas Poirier, Jan 5, 2005
  4. Nicolas Poirier

    Mike Walsh Guest

    The third wire is for a speed sensor. You can run as many fans as you want by splitting the 12 volts, but most motherboards will monitor the speedof only 2 fans.

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

    Mike Walsh, Jan 6, 2005
  5. Nicolas Poirier

    Aki Guest

    Actually, most M/Bs will monitor power supply, CPU and system fans.....it
    makes three of them....

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.