Ports 80 and 6036 Fixed!

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Otto Pylot, Jul 22, 2012.

  1. Otto Pylot

    Otto Pylot Guest

    I know this is a new posting which is part of an old posting but I
    wanted to make sure that everyone who took the time, and patience, to
    help me gets recognized. Thank you everyone for your contributions!

    The solution was simple, but it took my bro-in-law who knows this stuff
    far better than I to figure it out once he looked at the details of the
    camera system setup. Q-See, the camera mfr, wasn't explicit enough in
    the instructions. Port 80 needed to be setup as a Public and Private
    TCP only (not UDP). Port 6036 needed to be setup as a Public and
    Private TCP and UDP. He said that I probably didn't need both for 6036
    but it works so I'm not going to mess with it. Both Ports have the same
    static IP address. Originally Q-See said to use only Public UDP for
    both and for some unknown reason, it worked. The "updated" instructions
    that they sent me this time said to use both the Public and Private
    ports but no mention was made of UDP and/or TCP. Canyouseeme.org now
    says that both ports are open. He also set the public side of remote
    access with a public web address so I don't have to use my IP address.
    A difficult, but positive learning experience. So again, thanks
    everyone!

    --
    Deja Moo: I've seen this bullshit before. Please respond to:
    replacing invalid with sonic.

    Otto Pylot, Jul 22, 2012