POST beep absent in working IBM Intellistation M Pro 6230-41U

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Stan, Apr 12, 2008.

  1. Stan

    Stan Guest

    For some time I've wondered why my IBM Intellistation M Pro (type
    6230-41U) doesn't POST beep when turned on. It works fine but no beep.

    Is there some way to make the internal speaker louder in case it's now
    down to a silent setting?

    Did IBM drop the POST beep if the computer is working OK?

    [My OS is Linux. I use the Linux distro called MEPIS.]

    Thanks

    [To contact me, drop one ' i '.]

    1. Advertising

  2. Arno Wagner

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Previously Stan <> wrote:
    > For some time I've wondered why my IBM Intellistation M Pro (type
    > 6230-41U) doesn't POST beep when turned on. It works fine but no beep.

    > Is there some way to make the internal speaker louder in case it's now
    > down to a silent setting?

    There are no speaker level settings. This is a digital
    output. It can be broken (speaker, connector or
    driver) or it could be disabled in the BIOS (no idea
    whether this is possible).

    > Did IBM drop the POST beep if the computer is working OK?

    Possibly. I have removed the speakers in all my systems, so I
    really do not know. Maybe the speaker is just not connected.

    > [My OS is Linux. I use the Linux distro called MEPIS.]

    No connection to this.

    Arno