Post problems

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Steven Campbell, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. I'm looking for advice on the following:
    Yesterday I removed a working AMD 1300 CPU from my old PC along with 1x256
    PC2100 stick of memory.
    I picked up a second hand Asus A7A266-E mb a while back and hadn't a chance
    to check it out.
    Today I started to assemble them altogether. After connecting the hard drive
    and graphics card I thought I would power it up.
    The LED on the board lights up and the CPU fan spins but no post.
    If I remove the battery and power up I just get constant beeps and no post.
    I removed the graphics card and HD and still no post.
    Now I don't even get the beeps with the battery out.

    Given that the CPU and memory were both working yesterday, I take it the MB
    is dead? Is there anything else I can try?

    Thanks for any help.

    Steven

    1. Advertising

  2. R_Supp

    R_Supp Guest

    "Steven Campbell" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for advice on the following:
    > Yesterday I removed a working AMD 1300 CPU from my old PC along with 1x256
    > PC2100 stick of memory.
    > I picked up a second hand Asus A7A266-E mb a while back and hadn't a

    chance
    > to check it out.
    > Today I started to assemble them altogether. After connecting the hard

    drive
    > and graphics card I thought I would power it up.
    > The LED on the board lights up and the CPU fan spins but no post.
    > If I remove the battery and power up I just get constant beeps and no

    post.
    > I removed the graphics card and HD and still no post.
    > Now I don't even get the beeps with the battery out.
    >
    > Given that the CPU and memory were both working yesterday, I take it the

    MB
    > is dead? Is there anything else I can try?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Steven

    Can you try a diffrent CPU ?

    1. Advertising

  3. Mike Gorman

    Mike Gorman Guest

    Make sure your memory is seated properly. Try diferent dimm slots.

  4. mgorman

    mgorman Guest

    "Mike Gorman" <> wrote in message news:<quPSa.112699$H17.35002@sccrnsc02>...
    > Make sure your memory is seated properly. Try diferent dimm slots.

    I see this board takes both 168 and 184 pin memory. Perhaps check for
    proper memory type selection in BIOS.