    power light and a green light on the system board. However, it will not boot.
    No fans spin, no POST. The power supply test button does nothing. I am a PC
    Technician and hoping to find a service manual to help me diagnose this issue.
    PaulC95, Jul 16, 2007

  2. PaulC95

    Ben Myers Guest

    Bad news... No service manuals are generally available for Gateways.

    Good news #1... Youi really do not need a service manual for a Gateway tower,
    because it is mad with standard plain vanilla hardware components.

    Good news #2... You can test the motherboard and graphics card with a standard
    generic ATX12v Pentium 4-capable power supply. ANY ATX12v Pentium 4-capable
    power supply. Disconnect power and data cables for all other devices except
    the graphics card, plug in another power supply and see what happens. If it
    still does not boot, it is likely that the motherboard is hosed. If it does
    boot, then a power supply replacement is in order.

    Basic hardware diagnostic testing without a multimeter, that's all... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jul 16, 2007