Power doesn't stay on

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Flea, Feb 25, 2008.

  1. Flea

    Flea

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Hi,

    I've recently built a new PC using a Asus P5E-VM HDMI motherboard, 400w PSU, 2GB DDR2 and Intel Dual Core CPU. I've checked and rechecked all my connections and settings however, when I turn the power on, the fans only look like they get a brief connection of power and then nothing happens. I have a green LED light on the mobo and have tried resetting the CMOS but to no avail?
    Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be? Feel like I could be missing something really stupid?

    Thanks in advance

    1. Advertising

  2. Flea

    Flea

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Resolve - stupid really

    Hi - can't believe I could have been so stupid. Forgot in to install standoffs on my case so had grounding issues on my mobo