Power Jack Problems with Laptop, Especially HP!

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by admin@truestate.com, Sep 22, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Are you having to fiddle around with the DC Plug
    to get tour laptop to boot up only to make
    a sudden move and it powers off?

    Laptop on your knee, you boot up your laptop only to find
    halfway through something you move and it powers off.

    It is very likely to be the classic power jack problem
    where the socket solder joint/s has come away from the
    motherboard circuit board.

    The repair in it 'self is quite simple though the laptop
    needs to be totally stripped down to remove the motherboard
    and can take about 2 hours.

    After hearing feedback of many people with complaints of
    Hewlet Packard and other repair shops refusing to repair
    this problem and making up fantasy stories like,
    You need a new Motherboard and how the board is un repairable etc.

    Well so far I have repaired 180+ of these so called non repairable
    motherboards.
    92% of these have been Hewlet Packard.

    Anyway if you decide to attempt the job yourself I can help.
    Visit www.truestate.com/hprepair the pages are not fully complete
    and needs a little help.

    Alternatively if you live in the UK (Due to postage costs etc.)
    I can do the repair for you.
    , Sep 22, 2006

  2. BillW50 Guest

    wrote:
    [...]
    > Well so far I have repaired 180+ of these so called non repairable
    > motherboards. 92% of these have been Hewlet Packard.

    [...]

    So what was the other 8%?

    --
    Bill
    BillW50, Sep 22, 2006

  3. rebel Guest

    On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:44:43 -0500, "BillW50" <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >[...]
    >> Well so far I have repaired 180+ of these so called non repairable
    >> motherboards. 92% of these have been Hewlet Packard.

    >[...]
    >
    >So what was the other 8%?

    From what I have seen, Acer and Toshiba should be there. Mind you, it is a
    generic weakness across almost all makes.

    My old Dell Latitude uses a horrible proprietary plug/receptacle combo that
    creates other failure modes, but most if not all the failures I have seen are
    using those corner_electronics_store concentric 2-pin "DC power" connectors.
    The other consideration is that these are generally NOT rated to handle the
    current they are required to carry during charging/operation.
    rebel, Sep 23, 2006