Power Supply and Hard Drive for Compaq S4020WM

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by THUNDER, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. THUNDER

    THUNDER

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Okay, I am needing to get the correct power supply. Before I do that, I need to know if having larger hard drive will affect the power supply usage? This computer, as I was told, will accept the max of 200w - 250w power supply.

    Right now, I have a 40 gigs hard drive, still the same one with the computer for 4 years. I am wanting to upgrade to a bigger hard drive.

    Compaq recommanded 120 gigs to be the max and that the RPM must be 5400. The problem is, I can not find 5400 RPM.

    Can someone guide me? I do not know if it is okay to get a much higher RPM with this motherboard. I do not know if it is okay to get a much higher diskspace. I would really love to have at least 200 gigs or the highest I can get.

    The biggest concern is to match the hard drive with the CPU and Motherboard.

    I currently have 1024 MB of RAM (1 Gig).

    I also want to know if I should increase the power supply wattage, because of the increased diskspace? Or should I stay safe and be at 200 or 250?

    Please, help me on this. I'm hoping that this post will generate responses. Thank you.

    Thunder

    1. Advertising

  2. THUNDER

    THUNDER