Power Supply Question?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Andrew, May 7, 2004.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Hi,

    I have been hearing a lot lately about power supplys. What is the
    differnece between a 300w and for example a 500w psu? Besides the
    obvios increased voltage. Like, does it include more connectors for
    the hhd and cdrom drives? Some Mobos are capable of 6 ata-100/33
    devices plus SATA or raid. So i guess what i really want to know is
    there a web site for my questions? Thanks.

    ANDREW

    1. Advertising

  2. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Andrew wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been hearing a lot lately about power supplys. What is the
    > differnece between a 300w and for example a 500w psu? Besides the
    > obvios increased voltage. Like, does it include more connectors for
    > the hhd and cdrom drives? Some Mobos are capable of 6 ata-100/33
    > devices plus SATA or raid. So i guess what i really want to know is
    > there a web site for my questions? Thanks.
    >
    > ANDREW

    www.amd.com has some tech reports, one of which explains how to
    calculate power requirements.