    Here is a 100% spyware and adware free link (Chris) to a video of what
    the machine is doing.

    http://tinypic.com/r/2hg8xow/7
    Justin, Feb 9, 2011

  2. Justin

    Pen Guest

    On 2/9/2011 6:42 PM, Justin wrote:
    > Hi folks. I have a client's T7400 with a neat little beep code.
    > There is no POST. So far I tried removing all the RAM, PCI cards, and
    > disconnecting all drives with the same result.
    > I thinking bad PSU or board.
    > Here is a 100% spyware and adware free link (Chris) to a video of what
    > the machine is doing.
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/r/2hg8xow/7

    What's the beep code? What do the diagnostic lights on the
    rear indicate. Have you read the Dell docs about these things?
    Pen, Feb 10, 2011

  3. On 2/9/2011 6:42 PM, Justin wrote:
    > I thinking bad PSU or board.

    i'm thinking a bad technician ;)
    Christopher Muto, Feb 10, 2011
  4. Justin

    Justin Guest

    In article <iivgck$ckl$-september.org>,
    Pen <> wrote:

    > On 2/9/2011 6:42 PM, Justin wrote:
    > > Hi folks. I have a client's T7400 with a neat little beep code.
    > > There is no POST. So far I tried removing all the RAM, PCI cards, and
    > > disconnecting all drives with the same result.
    > > I thinking bad PSU or board.
    > > Here is a 100% spyware and adware free link (Chris) to a video of what
    > > the machine is doing.
    > >
    > > http://tinypic.com/r/2hg8xow/7

    > What's the beep code? What do the diagnostic lights on the
    > rear indicate. Have you read the Dell docs about these things?

    Wasn't the sound picked up on the video?
    If I interpret the sick beeps correctly,
    long, long, short, long, *pause,* long, long??

    I can see the dell docs, but I'm having trouble interpreting this beep
    code.
    Does it start with 3 or two?
    There are no diagnostic lights on the back.
    Justin, Feb 10, 2011
  5. Justin

    Pen Guest

    On 2/9/2011 11:37 PM, Justin wrote:
    > In article <iivgck$ckl$-september.org>,
    > Pen <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2/9/2011 6:42 PM, Justin wrote:
    >>> Hi folks. I have a client's T7400 with a neat little beep code.
    >>> There is no POST. So far I tried removing all the RAM, PCI cards, and
    >>> disconnecting all drives with the same result.
    >>> I thinking bad PSU or board.
    >>> Here is a 100% spyware and adware free link (Chris) to a video of what
    >>> the machine is doing.
    >>>
    >>> http://tinypic.com/r/2hg8xow/7

    >> What's the beep code? What do the diagnostic lights on the
    >> rear indicate. Have you read the Dell docs about these things?

    > Wasn't the sound picked up on the video?
    > If I interpret the sick beeps correctly,
    > long, long, short, long, *pause,* long, long??
    >
    > I can see the dell docs, but I'm having trouble interpreting this beep
    > code.
    > Does it start with 3 or two?
    > There are no diagnostic lights on the back.

    Try each of the ram cards one at a time.
    Pen, Feb 10, 2011
  6. Justin

    Brian K Guest

    Do you see any video output on the monitor?
    Brian K, Feb 10, 2011
  7. Justin

    Justin Guest

    In article <ij04bk$b55$-september.org>,
    Pen <> wrote:

    > On 2/9/2011 11:37 PM, Justin wrote:
    > > In article <iivgck$ckl$-september.org>,
    > > Pen <> wrote:

    > >> What's the beep code? What do the diagnostic lights on the
    > >> rear indicate. Have you read the Dell docs about these things?

    > > Wasn't the sound picked up on the video?
    > > If I interpret the sick beeps correctly,
    > > long, long, short, long, *pause,* long, long??
    > >
    > > I can see the dell docs, but I'm having trouble interpreting this beep
    > > code.
    > > Does it start with 3 or two?
    > > There are no diagnostic lights on the back.

    > Try each of the ram cards one at a time.

    I figured it out. It was a bad memory slot. It works when I leave this
    particular slow open. I tried every single stick with the same result.

    http://www.imagebam.com/image/12b0ec119018346

    http://www.imagebam.com/image/ac51c9119018347

    http://www.imagebam.com/image/d477b7119018351
    Justin, Feb 11, 2011
  8. On 2/10/2011 9:03 PM, Justin wrote:
    > In article<ij04bk$b55$-september.org>,
    > Pen<> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2/9/2011 11:37 PM, Justin wrote:

    >>> Wasn't the sound picked up on the video?
    >>> If I interpret the sick beeps correctly,
    >>> long, long, short, long, *pause,* long, long??
    >>>
    >>> I can see the dell docs, but I'm having trouble interpreting this beep
    >>> code.
    >>> Does it start with 3 or two?
    >>> There are no diagnostic lights on the back.

    >> Try each of the ram cards one at a time.

    > I figured it out. It was a bad memory slot. It works when I leave this
    > particular slow open. I tried every single stick with the same result.
    >
    > http://www.imagebam.com/image/12b0ec119018346
    >
    > http://www.imagebam.com/image/ac51c9119018347
    >
    > http://www.imagebam.com/image/d477b7119018351

    you haven't figured it out. you apparently did not notice that despite
    it listing seven 512mb memory modules in the system (a total of 3.5gb)
    the system states 'installed memory' as only 2gb.
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/ac51c9119018347
    Christopher Muto, Feb 11, 2011
  9. Justin

    Justin Guest

    In article <>,
    Christopher Muto <> wrote:

    > On 2/10/2011 9:03 PM, Justin wrote:
    > > In article<ij04bk$b55$-september.org>,
    > > Pen<> wrote:

    > >> Try each of the ram cards one at a time.

    > > I figured it out. It was a bad memory slot. It works when I leave this
    > > particular slow open. I tried every single stick with the same result.
    > >
    > > http://www.imagebam.com/image/12b0ec119018346
    > >
    > > http://www.imagebam.com/image/ac51c9119018347
    > >
    > > http://www.imagebam.com/image/d477b7119018351

    > you haven't figured it out. you apparently did not notice that despite
    > it listing seven 512mb memory modules in the system (a total of 3.5gb)
    > the system states 'installed memory' as only 2gb.
    > http://www.imagebam.com/image/ac51c9119018347

    The point is moot - the USB ports have failed.
    Time for a new system and sure as hell won't be a Dell.
    Nice to see Dell's planned obsolescence plan is working.
    Justin, Feb 12, 2011
  10. On 2/11/2011 11:55 PM, Justin wrote:
    > In article<>,
    > Christopher Muto<> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2/10/2011 9:03 PM, Justin wrote:

    >>> I figured it out. It was a bad memory slot. It works when I leave this
    >>> particular slow open. I tried every single stick with the same result.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.imagebam.com/image/12b0ec119018346
    >>>
    >>> http://www.imagebam.com/image/ac51c9119018347
    >>>
    >>> http://www.imagebam.com/image/d477b7119018351

    >> you haven't figured it out. you apparently did not notice that despite
    >> it listing seven 512mb memory modules in the system (a total of 3.5gb)
    >> the system states 'installed memory' as only 2gb.
    >> http://www.imagebam.com/image/ac51c9119018347

    > The point is moot - the USB ports have failed.
    > Time for a new system and sure as hell won't be a Dell.
    > Nice to see Dell's planned obsolescence plan is working.

    the point is that you missed all the clues presented to you, from beep
    codes, diagnostic lights, symptoms, to the message presented on the
    screen when you declared that you figured it out. you have not.
    Christopher Muto, Feb 12, 2011
  11. Justin

    Justin Guest

    In article <>,
    Christopher Muto <> wrote:

    > On 2/11/2011 11:55 PM, Justin wrote:
    > > In article<>,
    > > Christopher Muto<> wrote:

    > >> you haven't figured it out. you apparently did not notice that despite
    > >> it listing seven 512mb memory modules in the system (a total of 3.5gb)
    > >> the system states 'installed memory' as only 2gb.
    > >> http://www.imagebam.com/image/ac51c9119018347

    > > The point is moot - the USB ports have failed.
    > > Time for a new system and sure as hell won't be a Dell.
    > > Nice to see Dell's planned obsolescence plan is working.

    > the point is that you missed all the clues presented to you, from beep
    > codes, diagnostic lights, symptoms, to the message presented on the
    > screen when you declared that you figured it out. you have not.

    Yeah, I did.
    The board is toast. I'm sure of that fact just as you're sure
    ImageShack is infected with adware.
    Justin, Feb 12, 2011
  12. Justin

    RnR Guest

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:11:12 -0500, Christopher Muto
    <> wrote:

    >On 2/11/2011 11:55 PM, Justin wrote:
    >> In article<>,
    >> Christopher Muto<> wrote:

    >>> you haven't figured it out. you apparently did not notice that despite
    >>> it listing seven 512mb memory modules in the system (a total of 3.5gb)
    >>> the system states 'installed memory' as only 2gb.
    >>> http://www.imagebam.com/image/ac51c9119018347

    >> The point is moot - the USB ports have failed.
    >> Time for a new system and sure as hell won't be a Dell.
    >> Nice to see Dell's planned obsolescence plan is working.

    >the point is that you missed all the clues presented to you, from beep
    >codes, diagnostic lights, symptoms, to the message presented on the
    >screen when you declared that you figured it out. you have not.

    I don't dispute your technical answers (most of the time) but if you
    keep writing like this, new people will be afraid to post their
    problems for fear of being told how stupid they are.

    Can you LIGHTEN up a bit ???
    RnR, Feb 12, 2011
  13. Justin

    Bob Villa Guest

    On Feb 12, 2:30 pm, "RnR" <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:11:12 -0500, Christopher Muto
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >On 2/11/2011 11:55 PM, Justin wrote:

    > >> The point is moot - the USB ports have failed.
    > >> Time for a new system and sure as hell won't be a Dell.
    > >> Nice to see Dell's planned obsolescence plan is working.

    > >the point is that you missed all the clues presented to you, from beep
    > >codes, diagnostic lights, symptoms, to the message presented on the
    > >screen when you declared that you figured it out.  you have not.

    > I don't dispute your technical answers (most of the time) but if you
    > keep writing like this, new people will be afraid to post their
    > problems for fear of being told how stupid they are.
    >
    > Can you  LIGHTEN  up a bit ???

    I am in agreement with you on this RnR.
    Bob Villa, Feb 12, 2011
  14. Justin

    Justin Guest

    In article <>,
    "RnR" <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:11:12 -0500, Christopher Muto
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >On 2/11/2011 11:55 PM, Justin wrote:

    > >> The point is moot - the USB ports have failed.
    > >> Time for a new system and sure as hell won't be a Dell.
    > >> Nice to see Dell's planned obsolescence plan is working.

    > >the point is that you missed all the clues presented to you, from beep
    > >codes, diagnostic lights, symptoms, to the message presented on the
    > >screen when you declared that you figured it out. you have not.

    > I don't dispute your technical answers (most of the time) but if you
    > keep writing like this, new people will be afraid to post their
    > problems for fear of being told how stupid they are.
    >
    > Can you LIGHTEN up a bit ???

    The thing is, I was initially asking for help on interpreting the sacred
    beep codes. All I wanted was confirmation on what code I was hearing.
    He could have said 3-2-3, but instead bit my head off for no reason.
    Now its somehow my fault this machine failed.
    Its like talking to a wall.
    this is why usenet is a dieing media.

    Or maybe this was caused by a virus... you know, the one from
    ImageShack. W00t!
    Justin, Feb 12, 2011
  15. On 2/12/2011 3:54 PM, Justin wrote:
    > In article<>,
    > "RnR"<> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:11:12 -0500, Christopher Muto
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> the point is that you missed all the clues presented to you, from beep
    >>> codes, diagnostic lights, symptoms, to the message presented on the
    >>> screen when you declared that you figured it out. you have not.

    >> I don't dispute your technical answers (most of the time) but if you
    >> keep writing like this, new people will be afraid to post their
    >> problems for fear of being told how stupid they are.
    >>
    >> Can you LIGHTEN up a bit ???

    > The thing is, I was initially asking for help on interpreting the sacred
    > beep codes. All I wanted was confirmation on what code I was hearing.
    > He could have said 3-2-3, but instead bit my head off for no reason.
    > Now its somehow my fault this machine failed.
    > Its like talking to a wall.
    > this is why usenet is a dieing media.
    >
    > Or maybe this was caused by a virus... you know, the one from
    > ImageShack. W00t!

    you initial request for assistance was salted with you making a smart
    ass remark. unfortunately it has become your modus operandi. if you
    think that being a smart ass encourages people to assist you when you
    need their help then think again. you history of bad behaviour is more
    damaging to you than you think.

    and the code was not 3-2-3.

    and usenet is not dieing because of bad behaviour like yours, it is
    dieing because usenet access is no longer provided for free by most
    major internet service providers and because there are many alternate
    resources available for information. sources that most people try to
    search before posting.
    Christopher Muto, Feb 12, 2011
  16. Justin

    RnR Guest

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 12:37:20 -0800 (PST), Bob Villa
    <> wrote:

    >On Feb 12, 2:30 pm, "RnR" <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:11:12 -0500, Christopher Muto
    >>

    >> <> wrote:

    >> >the point is that you missed all the clues presented to you, from beep
    >> >codes, diagnostic lights, symptoms, to the message presented on the
    >> >screen when you declared that you figured it out.  you have not.

    >> I don't dispute your technical answers (most of the time) but if you
    >> keep writing like this, new people will be afraid to post their
    >> problems for fear of being told how stupid they are.
    >>
    >> Can you  LIGHTEN  up a bit ???

    >I am in agreement with you on this RnR.

    Thanks.
    It's ashame because Chris is a knowledgeable guy but his attitude gets
    in the way many times. I can't help but think of Mikey recently as
    one example but I'll drop it. I made my point of which I wish he
    would follow.
    RnR, Feb 13, 2011
  17. Justin

    Justin Guest

    In article <>,
    Christopher Muto <> wrote:

    > On 2/12/2011 3:54 PM, Justin wrote:
    > > In article<>,
    > > "RnR"<> wrote:

    > >> I don't dispute your technical answers (most of the time) but if you
    > >> keep writing like this, new people will be afraid to post their
    > >> problems for fear of being told how stupid they are.
    > >>
    > >> Can you LIGHTEN up a bit ???

    > > The thing is, I was initially asking for help on interpreting the sacred
    > > beep codes. All I wanted was confirmation on what code I was hearing.
    > > He could have said 3-2-3, but instead bit my head off for no reason.
    > > Now its somehow my fault this machine failed.
    > > Its like talking to a wall.
    > > this is why usenet is a dieing media.
    > >
    > > Or maybe this was caused by a virus... you know, the one from
    > > ImageShack. W00t!

    > you initial request for assistance was salted with you making a smart
    > ass remark. unfortunately it has become your modus operandi. if you
    > think that being a smart ass encourages people to assist you when you
    > need their help then think again. you history of bad behaviour is more
    > damaging to you than you think.

    Oh yeah, is pisses you off; and threatens you on your little turf here.

    > and the code was not 3-2-3.
    >
    > and usenet is not dieing because of bad behaviour like yours,

    No its dieing from pricks like you making people feel like they're
    stupid. That's why IT has such a bad reputation.

    it is
    > dieing because usenet access is no longer provided for free by most
    > major internet service providers and because there are many alternate
    > resources available for information. sources that most people try to
    > search before posting.

    Seems like you're the one missing the clues now.
    Justin, Feb 13, 2011