Premiere Pro + Matrox P750 doesn't display vid in 2 monitors

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\), Apr 20, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I have a dual monitor setup but Premiere Pro will only run video in one
    monitor. The annoying thing is that all my other video player software
    (e.g. Windows Media Player 9) will happily play video in either monitor.
    Please help! How do I get Premiere to play video in both monitors?

    My setup:

    Windows XP Pro SP1
    Matrox RT.X10
    Matrox P750 (independent mode)
    2 x Iiyama 17" monitors (analogue connectors)
    Adobe Premiere Pro
    DirectX 9.0b

    I have all the latest BIOSes and drivers.

    I know Premiere will run video in both monitors if I set my Matrox
    Powerdesk to "stretched" mode but I much prefer "independent mode".

    Thanks in advance,
    Jack
    Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\), Apr 20, 2004

  2. It may not be possible.
    With a Matrox G550, which is a similar, but simpler card, it is not.
    Most editing programs require a "frame buffer", which is a hardware
    shorthand for feeding a raster into the card. Many video cards provide a
    frame buffer only on the primary monitor.
    The G550 can display mpeg2 on the second monitor, but it has no video frame
    buffer.

    Try reducing the resolution of both displays, since the frame buffer
    requires non-displayed memory to operate.

    Robert Morein, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Dear Robert,

    Thanks loads for your reply. That's kinda what I feared.

    Thanks,
    Jack

    Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\), Apr 20, 2004