    USB ports share IRQ 7? The modem is in slot 2, and the NIC is in slot 4.
    Unfortunately, changing the position of the cards has no affect on IRQ
    assignment. Anyone know what is going on here, and how to fix it?
    RD, Sep 12, 2006

  2. RD

    HH Guest

    A question. Do the modem, NIC, sound and USB work properly? If so, no change
    is necessary.
    If not, which of the four does not function properly?

    HH

    HH, Sep 12, 2006

  3. RD

    RD Guest

    They all seem to work ok. but I haven't had a situation yet where I was
    using all the devices, or most of the devices anyway, at the same time. I
    have had quite a few computers over the past several years and cannot
    remember ever seeing so many devices sharing a single IRQ. The Compaq BIOS
    setup screen seems very limited, and I'm not sure what can be changed to
    help the OS distribute the IRQ's better.

    RD

    RD, Sep 12, 2006
  4. RD

    HH Guest

    Rule No. 1 of computing: If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it. I would not be
    concerned about shared IRQs among PCI devices unless you do run into a
    problem.

    HH

    HH, Sep 12, 2006