    disks I burned when I first got the machine and the problems persist. No
    boot up and no CD drive tray ejection.

    Any ideas?

    Kevin, Oct 19, 2006

  2. Kevin

    HH Guest

    Back up all critical data, then why not just leave it on 24/7?

    HH

    HH, Oct 19, 2006

  3. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    "HH" <> wrote in message
    > Back up all critical data, then why not just leave it on 24/7?

    While that certainly would preclude any issues with bootup first thing in
    the morning, I was hoping for a more specific answer as to why it may be
    exhibiting the anomalous behavior beyond what Compaq Technical Support has
    already told me. I've run PC Doctor DOS at their request and it found
    nothing wrong with the hardware.

    If you have any ideas as to why it would not boot up after being shutdown
    overnight and why the optical drive trays refuse to eject, I would like to
    see them.

    Kevin, Oct 19, 2006