Presario 700 laptop shut-off help please!!

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by danthor, Feb 21, 2010.

  1. danthor

    danthor

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Hi, I have a compaq presario 700 laptop. Recently its been cutting off automatically, complete power off. Happens both when running on battery or mains power. Have noticed the left side, with my broadband, dial up, video monitor connections gets very hot very quickly, could it be a cooling fan issue?

    1. Advertising

  2. GREATMAN

    GREATMAN

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    c700

    post more info on the problem, ie; does fan run at boot then slows, how long b4 shut down thanks.