Presario S4200nx power supply question

Discussion in 'HP' started by L, Oct 25, 2009.

  1. L

    L Guest

    Can a 350w or 400w power supply be used in a Presario S4200nx pc? Trying to
    find a power supply for the pc.

    1. Advertising

  2. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    L wrote:
    > Can a 350w or 400w power supply be used in a Presario S4200nx pc? Trying to
    > find a power supply for the pc.

    The S4200NX is a generic microATX chassis with generic parts inside and
    Compaq plastic and Compaq motherboard BIOS signature. You can use a
    standard sized ATX12v power supply of any wattage. It would be good to
    replace the power supply in the computer right now. IIRC, this is one
    Compaq model that uses the trashy Bestec brand of power supply, almost
    legendary for taking out the motherboard when it fails for any reason.

    HP Pavilions (really almost twins of the Presarios) and eMachines often
    have the same truly awful Bestec 250w PSU... Ben Myers

    1. Advertising

  3. L

    L Guest

    Thanks Ben for replying.

    What is a good & reasonbly priced power supply? I've thinking about ordering
    one from Tiger Direct or New Egg.