    done have a similar experience?
    Thanks for the possible answers.

    Davide

    davide, Oct 25, 2006

  2. davide

    Dylan C Guest

    davide wrote:
    > I have installed this on my MB asus A7V8X by kt400 today the processor AMD
    > 3000+ in substitution of the older 2000+.
    > The problem is that after having received guarantees around its
    > compatibility with
    > my MB this evening after a careful and scrupulous "operation" of
    > substitution (pasta's use therma grease), to the reboot the system
    > it feeds the fan of the cpu it turns but the pc doesn't make the boot.
    > I have mistaken something, or it is a cpu defective someone knows me to help
    > or it has
    > done have a similar experience?
    > Thanks for the possible answers.
    >
    > Davide

    You may need to reset the CMOS. This is usually done with the CMOS
    jumper. You can also remove the small battery and unplug the computer
    from the wall for ~5-10 seconds. Either of these will clear the CMOS.

    If this doesn't work, try reseating the CPU and memory. I assume from
    your explanation that you had some trouble with the thermal paste. Its
    important that you use only a very thin layer on top of the CPU die.
    Too much can cause problems.

    -Dylan C

    Dylan C, Oct 26, 2006

  3. davide

    davide Guest

    I have tried to reset the cmos to remove the battery and to clean with care
    the CPU from the thermal grease, but the problem is not resolved the pc it
    doesn't set out.
    Thanks

    davide, Oct 26, 2006
  4. davide

    Dylan C Guest

    davide wrote:
    > I have tried to reset the cmos to remove the battery and to clean with care
    > the CPU from the thermal grease, but the problem is not resolved the pc it
    > doesn't set out.
    > Thanks
    > "Dylan C" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >
    >>davide wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have installed this on my MB asus A7V8X by kt400 today the processor
    >>>AMD
    >>>3000+ in substitution of the older 2000+.
    >>>The problem is that after having received guarantees around its
    >>>compatibility with
    >>>my MB this evening after a careful and scrupulous "operation" of
    >>>substitution (pasta's use therma grease), to the reboot the system
    >>>it feeds the fan of the cpu it turns but the pc doesn't make the boot.
    >>>I have mistaken something, or it is a cpu defective someone knows me to
    >>>help or it has
    >>>done have a similar experience?
    >>>Thanks for the possible answers.
    >>>
    >>>Davide
    >>>

    >>You may need to reset the CMOS. This is usually done with the CMOS
    >>jumper. You can also remove the small battery and unplug the computer
    >>from the wall for ~5-10 seconds. Either of these will clear the CMOS.
    >>
    >>If this doesn't work, try reseating the CPU and memory. I assume from
    >>your explanation that you had some trouble with the thermal paste. Its
    >>important that you use only a very thin layer on top of the CPU die. Too
    >>much can cause problems.
    >>
    >>-Dylan C

    Try the old CPU...does the PC boot with it?

    -Dylan C

    Dylan C, Oct 26, 2006
  5. davide

    davide Guest

    Yes with the old CPU is all ok.

    davide, Oct 26, 2006
  6. davide

    don't look Guest

    you may need a bios update to get the correct voltage.

    don't look, Nov 22, 2006