Problem: GeForce 6600 DDR3, I have a surrounding texture display problem

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by cellist, Apr 29, 2007.

  1. cellist

    cellist Guest

    GeForce 6600 DDR3
    Problem: The surrounding/ground 3D texture turn red color.

    Situation:
    When I play Warcraft II, the ground turn dark red color. If there is snow
    covered, it turns red.
    When I play The Sims2, the ground turn black and the (3D)stones turn red.
    When I play America's Army Operation, it turns the snows of ground 3D
    texture to red color too.

    I have:
    - estimated and edited the quality of games but it gives negative result.
    - taken my card to the support department for a check and it gives negative
    result - healthy condition.
    - checked my LCD moinitor setting and display card setting, it was the same
    as before the problem.
    - updated my display card dirver and checked my directx 9.0c - healthy
    condition.

    The only strange phenomenon has to mention that is:
    - when I adjust the frequency(Hz) of the monitor, although it is LCD, it
    gives the positive result if it is switched to 72,75Hz(problem texture given
    out)
    - I used the CRT(traditional) monitor to prove this phenomenon, and
    attempted to find healthy Hz to overcome the texture problem, but I cannot
    find it....every Hz gives the same result, floating texture problem...
    - when I use back to 60Hz and 100Hz of the monitor, then the
    surrounding/ground 3D texture turns red color left.

    What else can I adjust the setting?
    Is it possible to the ACP slot problem?

    cellist, Apr 29, 2007

  2. cellist

    Mr.E Solved! Guest

    Re: Problem: GeForce 6600 DDR3, I have a surrounding texture displayproblem

    cellist wrote:
    > GeForce 6600 DDR3
    > Problem: The surrounding/ground 3D texture turn red color.
    >
    > Situation:
    > When I play Warcraft II, the ground turn dark red color. If there is snow
    > covered, it turns red.
    > When I play The Sims2, the ground turn black and the (3D)stones turn red.
    > When I play America's Army Operation, it turns the snows of ground 3D
    > texture to red color too.
    >
    > I have:
    > - estimated and edited the quality of games but it gives negative result.
    > - taken my card to the support department for a check and it gives negative
    > result - healthy condition.
    > - checked my LCD moinitor setting and display card setting, it was the same
    > as before the problem.
    > - updated my display card dirver and checked my directx 9.0c - healthy
    > condition.
    >
    > The only strange phenomenon has to mention that is:
    > - when I adjust the frequency(Hz) of the monitor, although it is LCD, it
    > gives the positive result if it is switched to 72,75Hz(problem texture given
    > out)
    > - I used the CRT(traditional) monitor to prove this phenomenon, and
    > attempted to find healthy Hz to overcome the texture problem, but I cannot
    > find it....every Hz gives the same result, floating texture problem...
    > - when I use back to 60Hz and 100Hz of the monitor, then the
    > surrounding/ground 3D texture turns red color left.
    >
    > What else can I adjust the setting?
    > Is it possible to the ACP slot problem?

    This sounds like a typical video RAM failure, where textures lose
    information but the geometry of the rendered scene stays accurate. I say
    this as you relate the problem occurs in several different applications
    over different driver suites.

    That you say your 'support department' gives the card a 'healthy
    condition' does not address the unhealthy texture failures.

    Under-clock your video ram, if the problem persists, you could explore
    other much less likely causes, such as AGP signal driving strength, but
    I suspect the video ram has a faulty section.

    Mr.E Solved!, Apr 29, 2007