    Just a flashing light on the monitor.

    When I re-install the XP 1500 it runs fine.

    ANY HELP PLEASE

    TomH, Dec 5, 2003

  2. "TomH" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    | I have an MSI K7T266 Pro2 Motherboard.
    |
    | Works great with an AMD Athlon XP 1500 (borrowed CPU)
    | Will not run with my NEW Athlon XP 2000.
    | I upgraded to latest BIOS.
    | MSI says motherboard supports XP 2000 with upgraded BIOS
    | Used thermal grease with heatsink, etc.
    |
    | System starts with the new CPU but nothing on my monitor.
    | No beeps.
    | Just a flashing light on the monitor.
    |
    | When I re-install the XP 1500 it runs fine.
    |
    | ANY HELP PLEASE

    This may be a stupid question, but after flashing the bios did you remember
    to do hard CMOS reset using the jumper? This should force the board to
    "autodetect" the CPU to let you get into BIOS and adjust your settings. If
    you have done that already, then I have no other bright ideas off the top of
    my head <wink> Good Luck!

    Jason Cothran, Dec 6, 2003

  3. TomH

    Blaedmon Guest

    you might also try adjusting your fsb jumpers. check what the cpu runs at,
    adjust accordingly. worth a look.

    Blaedmon, Dec 6, 2003
  4. "Blaedmon" <> wrote in message
    | you might also try adjusting your fsb jumpers. check what the cpu runs at,
    | adjust accordingly. worth a look.

    That board doesn't use jumpers.

    Jason Cothran, Dec 6, 2003
  5. TomH

    TomH Guest

    Tried flashing BIOS with same results.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

    TomH, Dec 7, 2003
  6. I'm wasn't referring to flashing it. I'm talking about a hard reset using
    the jumper on the board. (should be labelled CMOS reset) Also you may want
    to try setting the multiplier and FSB for the XP2000+ with the XP1500
    installed, when you save changes, just turn the computer off instead of
    letting it boot back up and swap chips. Just a thought.

    Jason Cothran, Dec 8, 2003
  7. TomH

    chuck Guest

    > I'm wasn't referring to flashing it. I'm talking about a hard reset using
    > the jumper on the board. (should be labelled CMOS reset) Also you may want
    > to try setting the multiplier and FSB for the XP2000+ with the XP1500
    > installed, when you save changes, just turn the computer off instead of
    > letting it boot back up and swap chips. Just a thought.

    Ort even better read the motherboard manual and see if the motherboard had
    an auto detect mode, and let it choose the right multiplier and fsb for the
    new CPU after a cmos reset.

    chuck, Dec 9, 2003
  8. TomH

    TomH Guest

    Thanks, I'll try that.

    TomH, Dec 11, 2003
  9. TomH

    TomH Guest

    Turns out I had a bad CPU.
    Return it to Vendor for replacement.
    They said even if you have a bad CPU system should tell you no CPU present.
    Thanks again for the help
    Tom

    TomH, Dec 15, 2003