    in another keyboard.

    I've tried several converters and hubs. What can I do so that I can use
    my primary keyboard to operate grub?
    Mark Healey, Jul 27, 2007

  2. Mark Healey

    Pen Guest

    Mark Healey wrote:
    > I have my PS/2 keyboard running through a PS/2 to usb converter and a hub
    > It pretty much works fine except that my BIOS doesn't recognize it and I
    > have to wait for the OS to load to use it. This works fine except when I
    > want to boot an older kernel through grub, at which point I have to plug
    > in another keyboard.
    >
    > I've tried several converters and hubs. What can I do so that I can use
    > my primary keyboard to operate grub?

    Have you tried connecting directly to the computer. The BIOS will
    recognize the mobo's usb ports, but the hub won't be found till the OS
    loads.
    Pen, Jul 27, 2007

  3. "Pen" <> wrote in message
    > Mark Healey wrote:
    >> I have my PS/2 keyboard running through a PS/2 to usb converter and a hub
    >> It pretty much works fine except that my BIOS doesn't recognize it and I
    >> have to wait for the OS to load to use it. This works fine except when I
    >> want to boot an older kernel through grub, at which point I have to plug
    >> in another keyboard.
    >>
    >> I've tried several converters and hubs. What can I do so that I can use
    >> my primary keyboard to operate grub?

    > Have you tried connecting directly to the computer. The BIOS will
    > recognize the mobo's usb ports, but the hub won't be found till the OS
    > loads.

    Have you enabled Legacy USB support in BIOS?

    Mike.
    Michael Hawes, Jul 27, 2007
  4. Mark Healey

    Mark Healey Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:39:46 -0400, Pen wrote:

    > Mark Healey wrote:
    >> I have my PS/2 keyboard running through a PS/2 to usb converter and a
    >> hub It pretty much works fine except that my BIOS doesn't recognize it
    >> and I have to wait for the OS to load to use it. This works fine
    >> except when I want to boot an older kernel through grub, at which point
    >> I have to plug in another keyboard.
    >>
    >> I've tried several converters and hubs. What can I do so that I can
    >> use my primary keyboard to operate grub?

    > Have you tried connecting directly to the computer. The BIOS will
    > recognize the mobo's usb ports, but the hub won't be found till the OS
    > loads.

    That's what I needed to know. I took my old IBM model M and placed the
    internals of a PS/2 to USB converter, a card reader and a USB hub inside
    the case so I could have only one wire going from my desk to the CPU. I
    guess I'm screwed.
    Mark Healey, Jul 28, 2007