    two metal clips look like they slide up into the side with the larger
    metal piece. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    , Dec 21, 2006

  2. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > How do you release the metal retention clips from the processor socket
    > for an Athlon XP 2100+? One side has a large metal hanging edge and the
    > two metal clips look like they slide up into the side with the larger
    > metal piece. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Does yours look like something pictured here ?

    "Socket A AMD Processor and Heatsink Installation Guide"
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/23986.pdf

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 21, 2006

  3. VanShania Guest

    use a scewdriver and I believe you push down and out using only enough
    pressure so the screwdriver doesn't slip and stab a hole in your mother
    board.

    --
    Love and Teach, Not Yell and Beat
    Stop Violence and Child Abuse.

    A64 3500+, Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939,AIW 9800 Pro 128mb
    MSI 550 Pro, X-Fi, Pioneer 110D, 111D
    Antec 550 watt,Thermaltake Lanfire,2 Gb OCZ Platinum 2-3-2-5
    2XSATA 320gb Raid Edition, PATA 120Gb
    XP MCE2005, 19in Viewsonic,BenchMark 2001 SE- 19074
    Games I'm Playing- Falcon 4, winSPWW2, winSPMBT, Call of Duty War Chest

    VanShania, Dec 21, 2006
  4. Guest

    No, it does not match the guide on the AMD site.

    Paul wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > How do you release the metal retention clips from the processor socket
    > > for an Athlon XP 2100+? One side has a large metal hanging edge and the
    > > two metal clips look like they slide up into the side with the larger
    > > metal piece. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    > >

    > Does yours look like something pictured here ?
    >
    > "Socket A AMD Processor and Heatsink Installation Guide"
    > http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/23986.pdf
    >
    > Paul

    , Dec 21, 2006