Problem Running Video to a Projector

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by Saml, Aug 15, 2007.

  1. Saml

    Saml Guest

    Got a Gateway MX6447 laptop, AMD Turion 64, 797 Mhz, running XP Media
    Center, about 6 months old.

    Having trouble playing a video so that it shows through a projector.
    Initial setup had the video (.wmv) embedded in a PowerPoint slide show.
    Slide show worked great to the second monitor and thus to the projector,
    until it got to the slide with the video. The video played but would not
    show up on the second monitor. I switched back to one monitor and tried
    using Fn F4, which worked, but the video was extremely jerky and the audio
    so distorted and out of synch that it was unusable.

    Gave up on PowerPoint and tried using Windows Media Player and one monitor.
    Played beautifully to the screen, but nothing showed up on the projector.

    Tonight we experiment some more, though going to a TV instead of a
    projector. Media Player will play it quite nicely to the second monitor.
    Won't show on the TV using 1 monitor and Fn F4. Still can't get PowerPoint
    to do anything useful.
    I would like to get it running in PowerPoint because it is seamless
    transition. (I know it can be done on a Dell laptop, but I don't have the
    specs of that computer handy.)

    Display adapter is an ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M. Driver version is 8.25.0.0.
    I checked the Gateway site, and for my serial number all it came up with was
    an ATI Radeon XPRESS 1150 Series Video Driver.

    Any thoughts appreciated.
    Saml, Aug 15, 2007

  2. Saml

    pappa Guest

    Have you tried useing properties and setting the second screen as the
    projector?
    pappa, Sep 22, 2007