    Anyone knows why I am having this problem? Solutions?

    Thanks for the help

    --- Costas Tsatsoulis

    Costas Tsatsoulis, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Costas Tsatsoulis

    matt neuburg Guest

    matt neuburg, Aug 25, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    (Costas Tsatsoulis) wrote:

    > I have a 1.6 GHz G5, running OS X 10.3.5.
    >
    > A week or so ago it started exhibiting the following: when an empty
    > CD-R (I use 700 MByte generic ones) is inserted, it does not
    > "recognize" it, but brings up iTunes. I can burn music on the CD-R,
    > but I cannot write any data (it does not even appear on the desktop).
    > This is driving me nuts and basically makes my CD burner useless (I
    > mostly burn data CDs).

    System Preferences -> CDs & DVDs -> "When you insert a blank CD"

    Wayne C. Morris, Aug 25, 2004
  4. Costas Tsatsoulis

    John Carrana Guest

    Costas Tsatsoulis at wrote:

    > I can burn music on the CD-R,
    > but I cannot write any data (it does not even appear on the desktop).
    > This is driving me nuts and basically makes my CD burner useless (I
    > mostly burn data CDs).

    I had a similar problem some time ago, I was able to burn music CDs but not
    data, it turned out to be a faulty batch of blank CDs. Changed the brand and
    all was fine. I was burning with Toast.

    John

    John Carrana, Aug 25, 2004