    ....the sound from the MB is disabled; I had a CT 4810 working with no
    problems.

    Thanks for the help.
    Ytsejam, Jan 22, 2006

  2. Ytsejam

    mc Guest

    Are you quite sure this isn't a defective soundcard? How recently did it
    work?

    Or possibly a bad connection to the PCI bus? Pins shorted?

    mc, Jan 22, 2006

  3. Ytsejam

    Ytsejam Guest

    I saw it working in another computer. And I'm pretty sure the problem
    is just with my monitor, because when I boot the computer without the
    card, I get the windows message of incomplete boot ("Windows no se
    iniciĆ³ correctamente"... my win is in Spanish).

    I think it may be a voltage problem??
    Ytsejam, Jan 22, 2006
  4. Ytsejam

    mc Guest

    Let's start at the beginning. Are you saying that when you boot the
    computer with the sound card installed, there is no video on the monitor,
    and when you boot the computer without the sound card, you get an error
    message?

    If there is anything wrong with your computer when the sound card is not in
    it, the sound card is not the problem. You can remove a sound card from a
    Windows computer and boot it up with no problem.
    mc, Jan 22, 2006
  5. Ytsejam

    Ytsejam Guest

    No no no... the error message is due to an incomplete windows load,
    because when I boot with the soundcard and without monitor, I just turn
    off my computer...

    Then, I remove the CT4830 and put my old 4810 and appears that message
    just once, and just because I "interrupted" windows loading. But
    there's no error at all.

    To be more specific, the "error" I said before it's not actually an
    error, but the "advanced options menu" (the one with the Safe Mode in
    it).

    When working normally (without the CT4830) there are no errors;
    everything is fine.
    Ytsejam, Jan 22, 2006
  6. Ytsejam

    mc Guest

    In that case I'm stumped. But you might try putting the soundcard in a
    different PCI slot. Do you have an AGP graphics adapter? And do the
    motherboard instructions by any chance say that if you are using the AGP
    slot, you should not use the PCI slot closest to it?
    mc, Jan 22, 2006
  7. Ytsejam

    Ytsejam Guest

    No, I'm not using the AGP slot... and I tried in every PCI slot. And
    the MB instructions doesn't say anything either. I'm about to try the
    soundcard in another PC (my old one... 300MHz). I'll tell how it goes.
    Ytsejam, Jan 22, 2006
  8. Ytsejam

    Ytsejam Guest

    The same thing happens... I think I'll return that damn card!
    Ytsejam, Jan 22, 2006
  9. Uninstall all the Creative software from your machine fromt he CT4810 before
    putting in the CT4830 and then install the divers fo the CT4830.

    Creative drivers are a bit iffy.

    Sharanga Dayananda, Jan 31, 2006