    cant boot... it freezes on HP logo!
    Thanx for your help and sorry for my poor english.

    J3rry
    J3rry, Dec 13, 2009

  2. J3rry

    J3rry Guest

    "Ben Myers" <> wrote in message
    news:hg1q52$o9l$-september.org...
    > J3rry wrote:
    >> Cant get second core working! When i enable second core in bios my
    >> machine cant boot... it freezes on HP logo!
    >> Thanx for your help and sorry for my poor english.
    >>
    >> J3rry

    > This is the HP 530 laptop?
    >
    > Do you have the latest BIOS update for this model? The most recent BIOS
    > on the HP web site is F.07 dated 18 Mar 2008.

    I tried 3 latest bios revisions F5,6 and 7 !

    > The service manual for the 530 does not show the T2600 as one of the
    > supported processors, but service manuals often become out of date.
    >
    > Did you replace the original processor, or is the T2600 the original one?
    >
    > ... Ben Myers

    Yes i replaced my original cpu (celeron M 1.46Ghz), but this T2600 is from
    broken HP 530 (broken mb), and theres no diference betwen that mbo and mine
    ! Chipset and layout are the same ...

    Jerry
    J3rry, Dec 13, 2009

  3. J3rry

    DCA Guest

    J3rry wrote:
    > Cant get second core working! When i enable second core in bios my machine
    > cant boot... it freezes on HP logo!
    > Thanx for your help and sorry for my poor english.
    >
    > J3rry

    I wasn't aware you could turn cores on and off with the C2D or CD.
    When it is 'off'in the BIOS, are you showing 2 CPU's in system hardware?
    Can you clarify if the CPU is C2D or CD
    DCA, Jan 15, 2010
  4. J3rry

    Ben Myers Guest

    DCA wrote:
    > J3rry wrote:
    >> Cant get second core working! When i enable second core in bios my
    >> machine cant boot... it freezes on HP logo!
    >> Thanx for your help and sorry for my poor english.
    >>
    >> J3rry
    >>

    > I wasn't aware you could turn cores on and off with the C2D or CD.
    > When it is 'off'in the BIOS, are you showing 2 CPU's in system hardware?
    > Can you clarify if the CPU is C2D or CD

    According to Intel specs, the T2600 is a mobile Core Duo CPU... Ben Myers
    Ben Myers, Jan 15, 2010
  5. J3rry

    DCA Guest

    Ben Myers wrote:
    > DCA wrote:
    >> J3rry wrote:
    >>> Cant get second core working! When i enable second core in bios my
    >>> machine cant boot... it freezes on HP logo!
    >>> Thanx for your help and sorry for my poor english.
    >>>
    >>> J3rry
    >>>

    >> I wasn't aware you could turn cores on and off with the C2D or CD.
    >> When it is 'off'in the BIOS, are you showing 2 CPU's in system hardware?
    >> Can you clarify if the CPU is C2D or CD

    > According to Intel specs, the T2600 is a mobile Core Duo CPU... Ben Myers

    Still not aware of any BIOs that can switch these as they are generally
    operated by software recognition.
    hardware manager should show if they are actually off when BIOS shows off.
    DCA, Jan 15, 2010