Problem with K8NXP-9 BIOS & Memory

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by snoop75, Jul 19, 2005.

  1. snoop75

    snoop75 Guest

    Hi,

    I have a K8NXP-9 board and 2 x Corsair CMX1024-3200C2 RAM. The RAM is
    rated at 2.5-3-3-6 timings, but the BIOS on the motherboard (F6) sets
    it at 3.3.3.8 by default. I can change the timings in the advanced
    chipset setup menu in BIOS. However, the BIOS ignores the last three
    timings, changing only the first one - the CAS latency. So, just as
    an example, if I set my timings to 2.5-4-4-10 the BIOS would ignore
    the last three timings and set the latencies to 2.5-3-3-8.

    Now, I’ve solved the problem by going back to F5 version of BIOS which
    works fine. But I’d like to be able to upgrade to the latest version
    if possible. I’ve contacted Gigabyte and they’ve sent me an F7
    version of BIOS which also seems to ignore my latency settings.

    Is anybody else with a K8NXP-9 having this problem? Thanks.

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigabyte-Problem-K8NXP-BIOS-amp-Memory-ftopict58949.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=298608

    snoop75, Jul 19, 2005