Problem with Microphone @ 10.3 on Ibook G3 500

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Carl Beyer, Jul 11, 2004.

  1. Carl Beyer

    Carl Beyer Guest

    I installed 10.3 on my fathers Ibook (white, G3 500 mhz dual USB). Now
    it does not recognize the microphone anymore.

    I deleted sound preferences, ran disk utilities... no luck... Anyone
    have a suggestion as to where to look.

    I know the mic works fine because when I start up under 9.2 the mic
    shows right up.

    Carl

    http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com

    1. Advertising

  2. Paul Sture

    Paul Sture Guest

    Carl Beyer wrote:
    > I installed 10.3 on my fathers Ibook (white, G3 500 mhz dual USB). Now
    > it does not recognize the microphone anymore.
    >
    > I deleted sound preferences, ran disk utilities... no luck... Anyone
    > have a suggestion as to where to look.
    >
    > I know the mic works fine because when I start up under 9.2 the mic
    > shows right up.

    What do you see in System Preferences -> Sound -> Input?

    On my iBook I see "Internal Microphone". Do you see that? Is the input
    volume there wound up? Mine is set to the maximum, and I have a notion I
    changed that setting myself.

    1. Advertising

  3. Carl Beyer

    Carl Beyer Guest

    In article <>,
    Paul Sture <> wrote:

    > Carl Beyer wrote:
    > > I installed 10.3 on my fathers Ibook (white, G3 500 mhz dual USB). Now
    > > it does not recognize the microphone anymore.
    > >
    > > I deleted sound preferences, ran disk utilities... no luck... Anyone
    > > have a suggestion as to where to look.
    > >
    > > I know the mic works fine because when I start up under 9.2 the mic
    > > shows right up.
    > >

    > What do you see in System Preferences -> Sound -> Input?

    Zero.. Nothing, Nada... No devices available..