    Can anybody tell me
    what is wrong?

    Neoe
    sreelal, Aug 17, 2004

  2. sreelal

    Mike Walsh Guest

    You are connecting at V34 instead of V90 protocol. This could be because of a defective modem, incorrect modem configuration, or a problem with the phone line.

    --

    When replying by Email include NewSGrouP (case sensitive) in Subject

    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.
    Mike Walsh, Aug 18, 2004

  3. (sreelal) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > My modem 56kbps was not working. So I got it replaced from my
    > dealer.
    > I was geting a download speed arround 40 kbps before the new modem
    > was
    > installed. But now I am getting the maximum of 24kbps when ever I
    > connect to the net. I use a dialup connection to connect from my land
    > phone.
    > Can anybody tell me
    > what is wrong?
    >
    > Neoe

    Hi,
    Sounds like you need to upgrade the drivers for your new modem.
    Go to the manufacturer's website and download and install the new
    drivers according to their instructions.

    Silicon Alley Computers
    www.siliconalleycomputers.com
    Silicon Alley Computers, Aug 18, 2004