problem with my thinkpad 770

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Ashirus, Dec 14, 2003.

  1. Ashirus

    Ashirus Guest

    It's as old as a 233MHz 770 model should be. It's running Windows Me
    (which I don't like, but I got no other OS) and recently the battery
    stopped holding charge and now won't turn on when it has the battery
    in.

    Even if I remove the battery and run it off AC power it lasts a few
    minutes and then shuts down. does anyone know if it can run off AC
    power normally without a battery inserted?

    any help with my problem in general?

    ash.

    1. Advertising

  2. tom

    tom Guest

    Ashirus wrote:
    > It's as old as a 233MHz 770 model should be. It's running Windows Me
    > (which I don't like, but I got no other OS) and recently the battery
    > stopped holding charge and now won't turn on when it has the battery
    > in.
    >
    > Even if I remove the battery and run it off AC power it lasts a few
    > minutes and then shuts down. does anyone know if it can run off AC
    > power normally without a battery inserted?
    >
    > any help with my problem in general?
    >
    > ash.

    Check with Bill Morrow at Thinkpads.com. If it's Thinkpad, he'll know.