Problem with new rig

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by NoBody@Nowhere.com, Feb 9, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,
    I just built a new AMD Athlon 64 4000 rig with a geforce 7600gt video card,
    asus a8n mobo with Antec True Power Trio TP3-430 ATX12V 430W . I got it all
    together but when I power it up nothing happens. All the fans come on in the
    case, cpu, and video card. But nothing else happens, now warning sounds and
    the display just stays black. I tried a different Hard drive and it still
    just does the same thing. What should I try nex? Any help appreciated.

    Thanks

    1. Advertising

  2. Paul

    Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I just built a new AMD Athlon 64 4000 rig with a geforce 7600gt video card,
    > asus a8n mobo with Antec True Power Trio TP3-430 ATX12V 430W . I got it all
    > together but when I power it up nothing happens. All the fans come on in the
    > case, cpu, and video card. But nothing else happens, now warning sounds and
    > the display just stays black. I tried a different Hard drive and it still
    > just does the same thing. What should I try nex? Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    Is the ATX12V 2x2 square connector, connected to the motherboard ? There
    are at least two power connectors for the motherboard.

    Paul

    1. Advertising

  3. Dylan C

    Dylan C Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I just built a new AMD Athlon 64 4000 rig with a geforce 7600gt video card,
    > asus a8n mobo with Antec True Power Trio TP3-430 ATX12V 430W . I got it all
    > together but when I power it up nothing happens. All the fans come on in the
    > case, cpu, and video card. But nothing else happens, now warning sounds and
    > the display just stays black. I tried a different Hard drive and it still
    > just does the same thing. What should I try nex? Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    Pull out everything but CPU, 1 stick of RAM and your video card. Swap
    out parts one by one if possible. I'd start with the power supply. Of
    course, double checking all connections is a given.

    -Dylan C

  4. Carl

    Carl Guest

    Have you got a flat bios battery? Try the battery from your old board? CMOS
    jumper set to normal and not clear bios option?

  5. Augustus

    Augustus Guest

    "" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I just built a new AMD Athlon 64 4000 rig with a geforce 7600gt video
    > card, asus a8n mobo with Antec True Power Trio TP3-430 ATX12V 430W . I got
    > it all together but when I power it up nothing happens. All the fans come
    > on in the case, cpu, and video card. But nothing else happens, now warning
    > sounds and the display just stays black. I tried a different Hard drive
    > and it still just does the same thing. What should I try nex? Any help
    > appreciated.

    I've run into this the odd time with a few other boards. Turns out that
    there was a grounding problem with either a m/b mounting screw or contact
    between the underside of the board and the case in one spot. I'd remove the
    board from the case, check for issues and reinstall. Theother suggestions
    are all good ones too.

  6. fb

    fb Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I just built a new AMD Athlon 64 4000 rig with a geforce 7600gt video card,
    > asus a8n mobo with Antec True Power Trio TP3-430 ATX12V 430W . I got it all
    > together but when I power it up nothing happens. All the fans come on in the
    > case, cpu, and video card. But nothing else happens, now warning sounds and
    > the display just stays black. I tried a different Hard drive and it still
    > just does the same thing. What should I try nex? Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    Make sure the cpu heat sink is seated correctly. If it is not, you will
    not post.

    fb

  7. User

    User Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I just built a new AMD Athlon 64 4000 rig with a geforce 7600gt video card,
    > asus a8n mobo with Antec True Power Trio TP3-430 ATX12V 430W . I got it all
    > together but when I power it up nothing happens. All the fans come on in the
    > case, cpu, and video card. But nothing else happens, now warning sounds and
    > the display just stays black. I tried a different Hard drive and it still
    > just does the same thing. What should I try nex? Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    How ya doin, Nobody? Try holding the insert key down for 10 seconds or
    so when you power up. This has worked for me on a few different boards.
    If you have an old pci video card install that to rule out video problems.

  8. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Re: re:problem with new rig

    In article <>, lid
    says...
    > amazing! :D

    <snip>
    > regards, One_shot_weasel

    Another spam run. Wonder which trojan he's offering today?

    Bill
    --
    Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.

  9. Davy

    Davy Guest

    FYI:
    You'll get bios POST (boot) and be able to access the bios with just
    the bare essentials....

    That is with just the CPU, RAM and Graphic card installed... as
    previously stated without this POST nothing will happen because when
    you hit that power ON button the bios wakes up, looks in the mirror if
    all is well gives a beep if all is well handing over the control to
    the CPU which then request that window and any start up programmes to
    be loaded into RAM ~ if he don't like the look's he'll hop back into
    bed and leave you pondering.

    Supposing.... with just the bare essentials all was ok and you got the
    bios to POST and give that single bleep... "Oh dear wots gonna
    happen with no hard drive", it will simply ask you to 'Insert
    the disc with the operasting system on" or something to that
    effect.... may be even "Operating System not found"

    So the first goal is getting the bios to POST boot.

    Davy

  10. Guy

    Guy Guest

    Looks like it is failing to POST if no beeps at all.

    Make sure monitor is not in sleep mode, then--

    1. Try clearing CMOS and try to boot.

    2. Re-seat the video card and video cable
    3. Re-seat RAM.

    Are those SATA hard drives?