problem with north bridge cooler on ic7-max3

Discussion in 'Abit' started by slink, Aug 23, 2005.

  1. slink

    slink Guest

    Hi ppl,

    my NB cooler on ic7-max3 went dead after 2 months i had this mainboar and i
    didnt decide to return it and wait for new coler but i have instaled other
    one from coolermaster, now after 9 months ic7-max3 stop POSTing and of
    course i need original cooler for guarantee to be relaized.

    Of course i dint know that i will need to save my nonworking original NB
    cooler so my question is this. I have found coler on ic7 myinboard, are they
    same? they look same on picture, and they are connected to mainboard on same
    way.

    1. Advertising

  2. "slink" wrote in message...
    > Of course i dint know that i will need to save my nonworking original NB
    > cooler so my question is this. I have found coler
    > on ic7 myinboard, are they same? they look same on picture,
    > and they are connected to mainboard on same way.

    The IC7 and IC7-G originally shipped with a northbridge cooler that looked
    very different from the one you got on your board. However they subsequently
    went to the same design that is used on the Max3, yes.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

  3. Mortimer

    Mortimer Guest

    slink wrote:

    > Hi ppl,
    >
    > my NB cooler on ic7-max3 went dead after 2 months i had this mainboar and i
    > didnt decide to return it and wait for new coler but i have instaled other
    > one from coolermaster, now after 9 months ic7-max3 stop POSTing and of
    > course i need original cooler for guarantee to be relaized.
    >
    > Of course i dint know that i will need to save my nonworking original NB
    > cooler so my question is this. I have found coler on ic7 myinboard, are they
    > same? they look same on picture, and they are connected to mainboard on same
    > way.

    If they look the same to you, they'll look the same to them as well. It
    should be fine.

    Mort