Problem with Powerdesk under Linux (Suse 9.0)

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by Dag Schulzke, Feb 15, 2004.

  1. Dag Schulzke

    Dag Schulzke Guest

    Hello NG,

    I use a G 450 DH under Linux (Suse 9.0) but I can't start the Powerdesk. I
    installed the Matrox Driver and Powerdesk without problems. If I want
    start the powerdesk a window opens and show that:

    'Configuration file: /etc/X11/XF86Config'

    'Backup Configuration file: /etc/X11/XF86Config_MGA-BACKUP'

    When I click 'OK' a new window opens which includes this text:

    'ERROR: The specified file isn't valid. Please make sure the file name
    refers to a valid
    configuration file.'

    What does that mean? I hope someone can help me. You can also answer in
    german. :)

    lg

    Dag Schulzke, Feb 15, 2004

  2. Dag Schulzke

    Centurion Guest

    Dag Schulzke wrote:

    > Hello NG,
    >
    > I use a G 450 DH under Linux (Suse 9.0) but I can't start the Powerdesk. I
    > installed the Matrox Driver and Powerdesk without problems. If I want
    > start the powerdesk a window opens and show that:
    >
    > 'Configuration file: /etc/X11/XF86Config'

    Try using "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4" <- this is standard config file for
    XFree86 4.x. The one you have in your original was the config file name
    used with pre-4.x versions.

    > 'Backup Configuration file: /etc/X11/XF86Config_MGA-BACKUP'

    This is a backup file - it only has to make sense to you.

    Hope that helps :)

    James
    --
    Fortune cookie says:
    We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once.

    Centurion, Feb 15, 2004

  3. Dag Schulzke

    Dag Schulzke Guest

    Am Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:29:04 +1100 schrieb Centurion
    <>:

    > Try using "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4" <- this is standard config file for
    > XFree86 4.x. The one you have in your original was the config file name
    > used with pre-4.x versions.

    Thanks for help but I have the same problems as before. In a few days I
    will change back to Suse 8.2; it works better than 9.0 and I will see if I
    can manage the problems soon.

    Dag

    Dag Schulzke, Feb 17, 2004