problem with SY-5EHM V1.0

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by jmcanto, Jan 8, 2005.

  1. jmcanto

    jmcanto Guest

    Hi everybody!

    I have a SYS-5EHM V1.0, and I have the following problem:

    During startup, the following message appears:

    "Updating ESCD.........
    Building DMI Pool.................
    Verifying DMI Pool Data ..............."

    AND LOOK IN THIS PART!!!!

    Please HELP ME!!!

    My cuestions are:

    1.- That signifies ESCD?

    2.- That signifies DMI?

    3.- As I can correct this error?

    Please, if they have answers to this problem, cause know al mail:

    Beforehand thanks.
    jmcanto, Jan 8, 2005

  2. jmcanto

    none Guest

    jmcanto wrote:
    > Hi everybody!
    >
    > I have a SYS-5EHM V1.0, and I have the following problem:
    >
    > During startup, the following message appears:
    >
    > "Updating ESCD.........
    > Building DMI Pool.................
    > Verifying DMI Pool Data ..............."
    >
    > AND LOOK IN THIS PART!!!!

    ????

    > Please HELP ME!!!
    >
    > My questions are:
    >
    > 1.- What [que] signifies ESCD?
    >
    > 2.- What signifies DMI?
    >
    > 3.- As I can correct this error?

    What error?

    > Please, if they have answers to this problem, cause know al mail:
    >

    > Beforehand thanks.

    According to http://www.pcwebopedia.com/,

    ESCD = Extended System Configuration Data

    DMI = Desktop Management Interface

    JAWAG, but if you switched any PCI cards around, you may need to go
    into BIOS setup and enable "Reset System Configution Data". Enabling
    this option causes
    setup to scan the PCI slots on your mainboard during bootup, after which
    it will automatically
    reset itself to "off".
    none, Jan 10, 2005