problems with floppy working on 8KDA3J?

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Philip Cody, Sep 16, 2004.

  1. Philip Cody

    Philip Cody Guest

    My buddy is building a machine with a 8KDA3J and we can not get his floppy
    drive to work.

    1. It is not floppy disc. He has done multiple boot discs and they work
    on his notebook which has floppy drive.

    2. It is not the floppy drive. he has bought a new one and it does not
    work either.

    3. It is not the cable. He has tried 2 different cables and they both do
    not work. He is using end connector (end with twisted cable). He has
    reseated the connector in mobo and floppy numerous times.

    4. The floppy controller is enabled in bios. He has set up the floppy to
    be the first boot device.

    At this point we think there might be a problem with mobo or there is some
    obscure setting in the bios that we are missing. He needs the floppy to
    install hard drive and SATA drivers when installing winXP.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!
    Philip Cody, Sep 16, 2004