Problems with GA-57-SLI S4 rev 2.0

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Skipai Otter, Sep 15, 2008.

  1. Skipai Otter

    Skipai Otter Guest

    I've been having problems making this stable with XP Pro SP3.

    Windows will either BSOD or just stop responding. On reboot it will come up
    with a Flash Rom Protected where XP will boot up very slowly and then BSOD
    again with the bios not being ACPI compatible.

    System specs:

    Enermax 635w PSU
    AMD64x2 6000+
    2gb DDR-II 800mhz ram (though the processor has it running at 775mhz)
    Creative X-Fi Plantium PCI card
    XFX 8600GT PCI-E

    Bios version: FG
    Ram has been checked and passed tests with no errors

    I'm at a loss now on what's actually wrong to make such an unstable system,
    never had a problem with my old GA7DXR but this motherboard doesn't seem to
    be as stable. I'm using the last version of the Neforce drivers as well
    being 9.13 (June 2006) Both soundcard and graphics are updated as well.

    My thought is that it could be the bios chip itself that's the problem or
    it's a faulty motherboard. Anyone know of any suggestions to stop it doing
    that. It's not every reboot or startup but sometimes it will bring up the
    flash rom being protected. Seems to be random and sometimes it can happen
    twice daily.

    But it's grown to now BSOD'ing when running the system than hang like
    sometimes.

    --
    Skipai

    Skipai Otter, Sep 15, 2008