    MS XP Professional OS. Quite often error message indicates that IE has
    experienced a problem and will close. Should I install IE8, or another
    program?

    amberland, Feb 26, 2009

  2. amberland

    chicagofan Guest

    Joan F (MI) wrote:
    > Try FireFox, I really like it. It's very configurable, has many addons
    > available to fit your surfing preferences.
    >
    > amberland wrote:
    > | I am using IE7 on my 1yr. old Gateway FX530XG using
    > | MS XP Professional OS. Quite often error message indicates that IE has
    > | experienced a problem and will close. Should I install IE8, or another
    > | program?

    Or try SeaMonkey, which has a mail/newsreader combined with a browser,
    very much like Firefox, unless you prefer the stand alone
    applications. :) [They are both Mozilla based.] Either is
    preferable to IE, in my humble opinion.
    bj

    chicagofan, Feb 26, 2009

  3. amberland

    Frank Guest

    chicagofan wrote:
    > Joan F (MI) wrote:
    >> Try FireFox, I really like it. It's very configurable, has many
    >> addons available to fit your surfing preferences.
    >>
    >> amberland wrote:
    >> | I am using IE7 on my 1yr. old Gateway FX530XG using
    >> | MS XP Professional OS. Quite often error message indicates that IE has
    >> | experienced a problem and will close. Should I install IE8, or another
    >> | program?
    >>

    > Or try SeaMonkey, which has a mail/newsreader combined with a browser,
    > very much like Firefox, unless you prefer the stand alone
    > applications. :) [They are both Mozilla based.] Either is
    > preferable to IE, in my humble opinion.
    > bj

    I prefer Firefox browser with Thunderbird for the latter.
    IE is sluggish coming up on Vista on my year+ old GW.

    Frank, Feb 26, 2009