Propriatary Gateway MB

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by lynbo11, May 1, 2013.

1. lynbo11

lynbo11

New Gateway Mobo. I installed a new Gateway Mobo in a non oem system and it does not work. After the post a screen comes up with the Gateway logo and thats as far as I get.I have tried installing XP but that doesn't get very far either. All parts are correct that are added to the Mobo. memory,Pentium 4. Mother board is a D915gag. In my research I have found that this Mobo works only with Gateway system parts and is a Propiatary board with the BIOS keeping me from running. Is there any way to change the Gateway Bios over to a standard Intel Bios so that I can make this board work.

lynbo11, May 1, 2013
  2. lynbo11

Kip Mcgee

Hello,
    I noticed no one had responded to your question. It is untrue that a gateway board will not function properly unless installed in a gateway tower. However there are quite a few things that could be causing your problem.
    Try swapping various pieces of hardware like ram ,,,processor,HD,cd drive even unplug all USB devices until you Isolate your problem

Kip Mcgee, Aug 29, 2013
Ask a Question