PS/2 k/b and mouse not responding on 7NJL6

Discussion in 'Chaintech' started by Zilla, Sep 7, 2005.

  1. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Ok here's a puzzler. CT support was clueless on this one
    but perhaps....

    I have latest BIOS on my 7NJL6. When I power up my system,
    PS/2 k/b works fine since I can press the Del key and go into
    BIOS, navigate BIOS, etc. So I know the k/b works. However,
    when I get to the Win2k Login, neither my k/b nor mouse
    responds to key clicks or mouse clicks respectively. Now if
    I reset the system by pushing the reset button, again k/b
    works in BIOS, when I get to the Win2k login, k/b and mouse
    WORK! So is the case on every subsequent Win2k restart.
    This happens EVERY TIME after power up ONLY. Any clues?

    I already have an RMA# but I want to solve it first.

    --
    - Zilla
    Cary, NC USA
    Zilla, Sep 7, 2005

  2. Zilla

    nthums1 Guest

    USB keyboard & or mouse
    Double check the jumper on the mobo for its position
    Also make sure you've plugged in to the correct sockets.
    accidentally plugged my mouse into the keyboard socket because th
    color matched
    Weirdly it worked most of the time when the usb kbd and mouse wer
    installed
    nthums1, Sep 9, 2005

  3. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Neither - PS/2 as the title says.

    --
    - Zilla
    Cary, NC USA

    Zilla, Sep 9, 2005
  4. Zilla

    Guy Guest

    Reads like a bad vxd. Clean install of 2k?
    Guy, Sep 10, 2005
  5. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Yep I did this before even reading your post and it seems to work now.
    You were right though. Thanks.

    --
    - Zilla
    Cary, NC USA