pt800ce-a help!!

Discussion in 'ECS' started by Pete Rynas, Dec 2, 2006.

  1. Pete Rynas

    Pete Rynas Guest

    finally am getting no more errors or blue screens and everything WAS going
    good - now ,and it did happen before, when i turn it on sometimes i get the
    " checksum" error defaults loaded error what the heck causes that??
    battery?? i once again am ready to give up thanks pete rynas

    1. Advertising

  2. Pete Rynas

    Pete Rynas Guest

    it is a new board , but shipped with a 2004 cmos bios?? maybe i'll try a new
    battery any other ideas
    "Pete Rynas" <> wrote in message
    > finally am getting no more errors or blue screens and everything WAS going
    > good - now ,and it did happen before, when i turn it on sometimes i get
    > the " checksum" error defaults loaded error what the heck causes that??
    > battery?? i once again am ready to give up thanks pete rynas

    1. Advertising

  3. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    Try the battery and post back. You will have to redo the BIOS after replacing
    the battery.

    "Pete Rynas" <> wrote in message
    > it is a new board , but shipped with a 2004 cmos bios?? maybe i'll try a new
    > battery any other ideas
    > "Pete Rynas" <> wrote in message
    > > finally am getting no more errors or blue screens and everything WAS going
    > > good - now ,and it did happen before, when i turn it on sometimes i get
    > > the " checksum" error defaults loaded error what the heck causes that??
    > > battery?? i once again am ready to give up thanks pete rynas

  4. Pete Rynas

    Pete Rynas Guest

    things ok for the last few days , kept it off for 2 days , i think that
    maybe windows is "learning it's new home as i have seen many times in the
    past?? thanks again pete
    > Try the battery and post back. You will have to redo the BIOS after
    > replacing
    > the battery.
    >
    > "Pete Rynas" <> wrote in message
    >> it is a new board , but shipped with a 2004 cmos bios?? maybe i'll try a
    >> new
    >> battery any other ideas
    >> "Pete Rynas" <> wrote in message
    >> > finally am getting no more errors or blue screens and everything WAS
    >> > going
    >> > good - now ,and it did happen before, when i turn it on sometimes i get
    >> > the " checksum" error defaults loaded error what the heck causes
    >> > that??
    >> > battery?? i once again am ready to give up thanks pete rynas

  5. tcsenter

    tcsenter Guest

    Pete Rynas wrote:
    > it is a new board , but shipped with a 2004 cmos bios?? maybe i'll try a new
    > battery any other ideas

    Well its not really a 'new' board, more like previously unsold surplus.
    I think the board has been discontinued for some time now. Have you
    updated to the latest BIOS (1.1e)?

    Regards,

    Tim

  6. Pete Rynas

    Pete Rynas Guest

    about the first thing i did , could'nt believe that the bios shipped was
    2004!!! i don't know for sure but maybe some of the earlier problems may be
    because i took the hard drive from my 848P mobo and stuck it in the 800CE
    and after all new hardware was found and functional , i did a drive to drive
    copy and then used the sata as the new boot --seems as if winXP pro has
    finally learned where it now lives and with my fingers crossed i hope this
    is the case. only recent prob is trying to rip and copy dvd's that
    continually lock it up and want's to send windows an error report?? any
    thoughts - i did have to after the drive to drive copy , have to( for some
    reason i don't know) edit the boot .ini to keep it from showing a choice of
    boot systems when i only had one drive and the one i copied was a single
    boot pata??? thanks pete
    "tcsenter" <> wrote in message
    > Pete Rynas wrote:
    >> it is a new board , but shipped with a 2004 cmos bios?? maybe i'll try a
    >> new
    >> battery any other ideas

    > Well its not really a 'new' board, more like previously unsold surplus.
    > I think the board has been discontinued for some time now. Have you
    > updated to the latest BIOS (1.1e)?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Tim

  7. Boppie

    Boppie Guest

    Pete,

    I have one these boards first running Windows XP sp2 then running Solaris 10
    10/06, and finally running Vista Ultimate.
    I have installed 1GB of ram, 160GB drive for the Windows stuff and a SCSI
    160 with 2 18GB drives. The first problem I had with was it needed
    a power supply , so I bought a 500W supply. Since then under Windows XP, it
    would sometimes copy files 1GB & above and sometimes it owuld not.
    Under Vista, it would do that and more; makes you wonder about XP & Vista?
    Under Solaris 10, it would whatever I wanted without any problems. I have
    seen the issues with this board and came to the conclusion that if the power
    supply
    was not up to it, then you could have other "issues" with the board. The cpu
    is a 3.0GHZ with the ATI 9700Pro, Solaris 10 did not like the built-in LAN
    so I bought a USRobotics
    10/100 card to satify the Solaris 10.
    Runs very well under Solaris 10 & Vista.

    BBoppie