PT800CE-A not recognizing SATA drive

Discussion in 'ECS' started by rkjobe, Oct 2, 2006.

1. rkjobe

rkjobe

New ECS PT800CE-A board and New Seagate Barracuda 160GB SATA drive. The board does not see the drive no matter what settings are made in the BIOS, what port it's connected to (SATA1 or 2), or what driver I have installed.
    I have tried the disc that came with the board, drivers from the VIA web site, utilities from Seagate, slipstreaming, about every forum I can find, etc...
    I'm out of options here. Any Ideas? I'll try to get another serial cable but the one I have is new also.

PT800CE-A
    P4-2.4Ghz
    3/4Gb Ram
    XP Pro SP2

Thanks.

rkjobe, Oct 2, 2006
  2. rkjobe

rkjobe

Figured it out - with some help.

:D The Seagate drive I bought is rated at 3.0Gbits/sec and the on-board raid for this board is rated at 1.5Gbits/sec. SO - I placed a jumper on the two outer pins of the 4 pin bus on the HDD. This forces the drive to 1.5Gbits/sec.

It would have been easier if the Seagate Drive documnetation would have explained what the 4 pin connector could be used for rather than saying it was for factory use only.

rkjobe, Oct 3, 2006
Ask a Question