Purchasing New System- Need Advice

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Chris, Mar 9, 2005.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Hello,

    I am looking into purchasing a new computer system, and was just
    looking for some feedback. The system I am looking for would have a
    Pentium 4 processor (3.0 GHZ or more), an 80GB hard drive or more,
    and 512 MB RAM.

    At this point, I am looking at models from Dell, Gateway 2000, and
    E-machines. However, if you recommend a model other than these 3, I
    would love to hear about those models as well. I was seriously
    considering purchasing a Dell. However, I've heard some real horror
    stories on their customer service. So, I'm a little hesitant at this
    point to purchase a Dell.

    So, I'm just looking for some opinions on which brand or model you
    would recommend for both reliability and quality of the system itself.
    Good customer service is also a plus, even though I've rarely had to
    call tech support on my previous systems.

    Thanks in advance for any advice or recommendations.

    Chris