pwr-ok on atx supply?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Brad, Jun 21, 2004.

  1. Brad

    Brad Guest

    Hey all,

    I've been trying to debug an issue with a system for a few weeks now.
    Basically when I try and post the mb I bet a constant, alternating,
    beeping sound. Sometimes I do get a bios video but the sound never
    stops. Once in a while i can actually run something but it usually
    dies after a few seconds.

    system
    -------
    Abit AN7
    ati 9800 pro
    Athlon XP 2500+
    Kingston DDR333 CAS2

    I've actually tried three different video cards, two kinds of RAM, and
    3 different processors. I'm down to the power supply. I've read on
    the web that the gray pwr-ok pin on the atx connector should be
    greater than two volts even when the supply isn't connected to the
    board. The supply is, of course, turned on.

    Anyone know if this is true? I'm not getting any voltage on this
    line.

    Brad

    Brad, Jun 21, 2004

  2. Brad

    Pen Guest

    Yes see;
    http://www.formfactors.org/developer\specs\atx2_2.pdf
    You need to check all the PS voltages as power good only goes high
    if 3.3v and 5v are ok.

    Pen, Jun 21, 2004

  3. "Brad" <> wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I've been trying to debug an issue with a system for a few weeks now.
    > Basically when I try and post the mb I bet a constant, alternating,
    > beeping sound. Sometimes I do get a bios video but the sound never
    > stops. Once in a while i can actually run something but it usually
    > dies after a few seconds.
    >
    > system
    > -------
    > Abit AN7
    > ati 9800 pro
    > Athlon XP 2500+
    > Kingston DDR333 CAS2
    >
    > I've actually tried three different video cards, two kinds of RAM, and
    > 3 different processors. I'm down to the power supply. I've read on
    > the web that the gray pwr-ok pin on the atx connector should be
    > greater than two volts even when the supply isn't connected to the
    > board. The supply is, of course, turned on.
    >
    > Anyone know if this is true? I'm not getting any voltage on this
    > line.
    >
    > Brad

    Check your cooling, some boards give the sound you describe if CPU
    overheating or CPU fan not turning (fast enough).
    Mike.

    ---

    Michael Hawes, Jun 21, 2004
  4. Brad

    ejb Guest

    Check that none of the PCI or other brackets are touching the M/B,had me
    going for a couple of hours recently when I got a new case,turned out the
    firewire bkt was touchning the edge of the M/B.

    ejb, Jun 29, 2004