    Anyone here running an OC'd Q6600 successfully on an AW9D-MAX?

    - Scott Smith:
    MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/choppersmith
    S. Smith, Mar 10, 2008

  2. S. Smith

    Arvin Guest

    Hi

    I had nothing but trouble with my Q6600 Go Stepping CPU on this board so I
    got myself a Abit IP35Pro instead and this board has been rock solid.

    Sloane

    Arvin, Mar 14, 2008

  3. S. Smith

    S. Smith Guest

    On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 21:01:29 GMT, "Arvin" <> wrote:

    >"S. Smith" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have an Abit AW9D-MAX motherboard in my system right now with an
    >> overclocked Core 2 Duo E6600 (running at 3 Ghz). I am considering
    >> getting the Q6600 Quad Core CPU for that board. The Abit specs
    >> claim that the Quad Core CPU's work with that board with the latest
    >> BIOS revision (which I have). But I've read on a couple forums that
    >> the overclocking with the Quad Core's on that board can be a little
    >> problematic.
    >>
    >> Anyone here running an OC'd Q6600 successfully on an AW9D-MAX?
    >>

    >Hi
    >
    >I had nothing but trouble with my Q6600 Go Stepping CPU on this board so I
    >got myself a Abit IP35Pro instead and this board has been rock solid.
    >
    >Sloane

    Thanks. That's kind of what I've been hearing/reading.

    I may wait until the Nehalem's come out and the Quad core
    prices drop, then look at upgrading to a new motherboard
    as well.

    S. Smith, Mar 14, 2008