Question on Installing SATA hd.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by algae, Nov 9, 2003.

  1. algae

    algae Guest

    I'm building a new system on a A7N8X Deluxe. I 'll have only one hd which is
    SATA. Are there any issues I need to be aware of when installing the OS?
    (Win XP Pro). Also would I set my DVD burner (my only optical drive) as
    Secondary Master?
    I've done this before but not often enough to be an expert:))
    Thx for any info and advice.
    Gary

    1. Advertising

  2. Ron

    Ron Guest

    You'll need to have SATA drivers avail at beginning of install. Also, you
    can set your op drive on the PRI-IDE channel if you want. (The SATA drive
    is on a separate controller...and does not bother with the old MASTER/SLAVE
    or PRI/SEC issues.)

    Ron

    1. Advertising

  3. algae