Questions about Vista tablet input keyboard and digitizer device.

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by benstang@gmail.com, Nov 11, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I have some problems about driver and tablet function.

    I wrote a hid digitizer driver for touch panel, and the touch function
    works fine on vista.
    Vista will enable tablet input tab when there is a digitizer device
    attached to system.

    I have declare "In-range" in the report descriptor.
    There are 2 cases, please take a look to image link:

    case 1:
    I report touch packets to Vista with In-range flag set, and open the
    tablet on-screen keyboard:

    http://benstang.myweb.hinet.net/vista/inrange.jpg

    case 2:
    Report touch packets without In-range flag, and open the tablet on-
    screen keyboard:

    http://benstang.myweb.hinet.net/vista/noinrange.jpg

    My problem is why the on-screen keyboards are different?
    These 2 cases are the same but In-range flag.
    Is there any config or settings can change layout of on-screen
    keyboard?

    I found a similar question on internet:

    http://www.technologyquestions.com/...ut-panel-keyboard-changes-when-i-use-pen.html

    But the discuss thread ends with no result.

    Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for reading this post, and sorry for my poor English =)

    Benson
    From Taipei, Taiwan

    , Nov 11, 2008

  2. You might ask in the developer's group too:
    microsoft.public.windows.developer.

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Nov 12, 2008

  3. Guest