    Have any good models you're particularly fond of? Let me know! Thanks
    guys.

    Angel (shh! U noisy computer U lol)

    CURIOUS ANGEL, Aug 29, 2005

  2. "CURIOUS ANGEL" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > So . . . what are some good sites hosting NOISE statistics and/or
    > comparisons for the current batch of 400+ Watt power supplies available
    > on the market?
    >
    > Have any good models you're particularly fond of? Let me know! Thanks
    > guys.
    >
    > Angel (shh! U noisy computer U lol)

    You want the best? You gotta pay for it.
    Here 'ya go:
    http://www.pcpowercooling.com/home/

    Colon Terminus, Aug 29, 2005

  3. I still want to know what 38 decibels sounds like?

    --
    George Hester
    _________________________________

    George Hester, Aug 29, 2005
  4. Wow +12V @ 54A for their Turbo-Cool 850. Gimme... They should be listing
    the decibels don't you think?

    --
    George Hester
    _________________________________

    George Hester, Aug 29, 2005
  5. CURIOUS ANGEL

    Will Dormann Guest

    Re: QUIET Power Supplies >>OVER<< 400 Watts? also, any Ratings Sitesyou recommend?

    George Hester wrote:
    > Wow +12V @ 54A for their Turbo-Cool 850. Gimme... They should be listing
    > the decibels don't you think?

    A friend of mine got a Turbo-Cool PSU, and it's quite LOUD.
    They are more of a server-grade PSU, and are thus not focusing on noise
    levels as much.

    --
    -WD

    Will Dormann, Sep 5, 2005
  6. CURIOUS ANGEL

    Carl Guest

  7. CURIOUS ANGEL

    Arno Wagner Guest

    In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc CURIOUS ANGEL <> wrote:
    > So . . . what are some good sites hosting NOISE statistics and/or
    > comparisons for the current batch of 400+ Watt power supplies available
    > on the market?

    > Have any good models you're particularly fond of? Let me know! Thanks
    > guys.

    > Angel (shh! U noisy computer U lol)

    I have an Antec TruePower 2.0 480W. Antec claims 21dB(A0 for it, but
    c't magazin recently measured > 30dB(A), which is not that quiet
    anymore and subjectively I agree. One problem is also that they use a
    much, much slowed down 12V fan (usually running at 5V) that produces
    audible vibrations and whining. I replaced the fan with a very quiet
    12V running at full speed. Now thw noise is way down but I think I
    reduced the top contionous power output to about 400W, given that the
    new fan has less air-flow. Also the external fan outputs are unusable
    with many quiet fans, since they give off about 5V unles the load is
    pretty high.

    I would not recommend this PSU as a quiet one.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Sep 6, 2005
  8. You are the first I have read that has knocked one of their PSUs. And did
    it well.

    --
    George Hester
    _________________________________

    George Hester, Sep 6, 2005
  9. CURIOUS ANGEL

    Arno Wagner Guest

    In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc George Hester <> wrote:
    > You are the first I have read that has knocked one of their PSUs. And did
    > it well.

    Thanks. There is just to much mediocre engineering and inflated
    claims by vendors out there.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Sep 7, 2005
  10. CURIOUS ANGEL

    Guest

    CURIOUS ANGEL wrote:
    > So . . . what are some good sites hosting NOISE statistics and/or
    > comparisons for the current batch of 400+ Watt power supplies available
    > on the market?
    >
    > Have any good models you're particularly fond of? Let me know! Thanks
    > guys.
    >
    > Angel (shh! U noisy computer U lol)

    reviews of silent PSUs I don't bother with

    Antec do a fanless one. So does Thermaltake 0db

    , Sep 12, 2005
  11. CURIOUS ANGEL

    gimp Guest

    wrote:
    > CURIOUS ANGEL wrote:
    >
    >>So . . . what are some good sites hosting NOISE statistics and/or
    >>comparisons for the current batch of 400+ Watt power supplies available
    >>on the market?
    >>
    >>Have any good models you're particularly fond of? Let me know! Thanks

    seriously - if its quality u want, go with OCZ modstream. kinda pricey
    but pretty cool, and best looks of any PSU if that matters ;) and quiet
    with single 120mm fan.

    gimp, Sep 12, 2005
  12. CURIOUS ANGEL

    Greg Ro Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:35:03 +1200, gimp <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> CURIOUS ANGEL wrote:
    >>
    >>>So . . . what are some good sites hosting NOISE statistics and/or
    >>>comparisons for the current batch of 400+ Watt power supplies available
    >>>on the market?
    >>>
    >>>Have any good models you're particularly fond of? Let me know! Thanks

    >seriously - if its quality u want, go with OCZ modstream. kinda pricey
    >but pretty cool, and best looks of any PSU if that matters ;) and quiet
    >with single 120mm fan.

    I read the mini-mac power supply is quiet except when burring a lot of
    cd. This is if you decide to get a new computer.

    Greg Ro

    Greg Ro, Sep 12, 2005
  13. CURIOUS ANGEL

    Dog Face Guest

    If you're worried about noise, go for the Silencer line, not the Turbo-cool
    line.

    Dog Face, Sep 30, 2005