Rack mounted server for SATA

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Rob Nicholson, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. Anyone know of a manufacturer of a dual Pentium rack mounted server that can
    take 4 x SATA hard disks plus a boot drive (an IDE or another SATA)? We've
    got a dual AMD Athlon MP system with lots of disk space as a secondary
    storage server and we're not happy with the stability of the system -
    probably that dual AMD bit :) It's free standing as well at the moment. So
    we're looking to buy another server for the rack without any hard disks into
    which we can transfer the existing SATA disks.

    Ohh, would be useful if it could take a PCI SCSI card which we have in there
    as well.

    Thanks, Rob.