    Heat problems?
    Does´t need alot of "juice" from the psu?
    Tell me all :)

    Arto V, Aug 10, 2003

  2. Arto V

    JT Guest

    I have a Shuttle SB61G2 3.0 GHz with a ATI AIW 9800 Pro. The system would
    not power up with the 200 watt power supply that came with the Shuttle. I am
    currently using a standard 350 watt ATX power supply to get it to work. The
    power supply sits on top of the Shuttle with the case cover removed. I am
    waiting for Shuttle to hopefully come out with a better power supply.

    "Arto V" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone have any expirience having radeon 9800 pro or nonpro in

    Shuttle?

    JT, Aug 11, 2003

  3. Arto V

    Arto V Guest

    Sh*t thats not good, i ordered all ready 9800 nonpro card for my self.
    I was hoping it would´t consume more power than 9700pro. Those cards i have
    heard working with this 200w psu. :(

    Arto V, Aug 11, 2003
  4. Arto V

    bob smith Guest

    I have the Radeon 9800np that I installed the pro bios to in my SN42G2 and
    everything is working fine with the 200watt power supply. But my box does
    seem to run a little warmer but I am guess that is due to the summer months,
    not the video card.

    _Doc_

    bob smith, Aug 11, 2003
  5. Arto V

    Arto V Guest

    Oh, thats great news. Im keeping my fingers crossed.

    Did the pro bios help much?
    What brand card do you have?

    Arto V, Aug 11, 2003
  6. Arto V

    Allen Guest

    "JT" <> wrote in

    > I have a Shuttle SB61G2 3.0 GHz with a ATI AIW 9800 Pro. The system
    > would not power up with the 200 watt power supply that came with the
    > Shuttle. I am currently using a standard 350 watt ATX power supply to
    > get it to work. The power supply sits on top of the Shuttle with the
    > case cover removed. I am waiting for Shuttle to hopefully come out
    > with a better power supply.
    >
    > "Arto V" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone have any expirience having radeon 9800 pro or nonpro in

    > Shuttle?
    >> Heat problems?
    >> Does´t need alot of "juice" from the psu?
    >> Tell me all :)

    I have a SN45G, AMD 3000+ with an ATI 9800 pro. Seems to run fine but the
    power supply is very warm.

    Allen, Aug 11, 2003
  7. Arto V

    JT Guest

    The system woks fine with the ATI AIW 8500DV. The AIW 9800 Pro just pushed
    it over the edge.

    My system specs:
    SB61G2
    P4 3.0 GHz 800 FSB
    1 GB Kingston HyperX (2 x 512)
    200 GB Maxtor hard drive
    TDK 440N DVD/CD RW
    YE-Data 7 in 1 media RW
    ATI AIW 9800 Pro

    JT, Aug 12, 2003
  8. Arto V

    Darthy Guest

    Yeah... but the P4 needs the 12volt rail, which - I believe is what
    the Video card uses for extra power.... while AMD (SN41G2) systems are
    heavy into the 3volt rails.

    Of course... I'm looking for those who are using the fx5900 with the
    SN41G2 board & PSU...

    On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:27:43 GMT, "JT" <> wrote:

    >The system woks fine with the ATI AIW 8500DV. The AIW 9800 Pro just pushed
    >it over the edge.
    >
    >My system specs:
    >SB61G2
    >P4 3.0 GHz 800 FSB
    >1 GB Kingston HyperX (2 x 512)
    >200 GB Maxtor hard drive
    >TDK 440N DVD/CD RW
    >YE-Data 7 in 1 media RW
    >ATI AIW 9800 Pro
    >
    >"Arto V" <> wrote in message
    >> Sh*t thats not good, i ordered all ready 9800 nonpro card for my self.
    >> I was hoping it would´t consume more power than 9700pro. Those cards i

    >have
    >> heard working with this 200w psu. :(

    When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

    Death to Palladium & WPA!!

    Darthy, Aug 13, 2003
  9. Arto V

    Dennis Roark Guest

    "JT" <> wrote in

    > After speaking with tech support they said they have had problems with
    > the ACME power supplies and ATI video cards. Tech support directed me
    > to the US Shuttle site to get a RMA so they can replace my ACME power
    > supply with one made by a company called Enhanced. Hope it works but I
    > still believe that a 300 watt ps would be better.
    >
    > "Arto V" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone have any expirience having radeon 9800 pro or nonpro in

    > Shuttle?
    >> Heat problems?
    >> Does´t need alot of "juice" from the psu?
    >> Tell me all :)

    It just seems reasonable that if you want to use a high power separate
    video card, with a GPU that may have even more transistors than your CPU
    and produce a great deal of heat, that these mini boxes are not the way
    to go. They are great when you use the onboard video. But when adding
    a separate "gamer's" video card, I would go with a mid tower, a good
    power supply, and plenty of air flow to cool everything. Shuttle makes
    some fine full size ATX or microATX motherboards that are excellent in a
    larger case. I'm not ragging on Shuttle, I have one of their boards and
    love it; and we just purchased a few hundred of the mini-boxes for
    student labs. But the small ones and a full powered video card are just
    not a good match, in my opinion.

    Dennis Roark, Aug 13, 2003
  10. Arto V

    Allen Guest

    Dennis Roark <> wrote in

    > "JT" <> wrote in
    >
    >> After speaking with tech support they said they have had problems
    >> with the ACME power supplies and ATI video cards. Tech support
    >> directed me to the US Shuttle site to get a RMA so they can replace
    >> my ACME power supply with one made by a company called Enhanced. Hope
    >> it works but I still believe that a 300 watt ps would be better.
    >>
    >> "Arto V" <> wrote in message
    >>> Does anyone have any expirience having radeon 9800 pro or nonpro in

    >> Shuttle?
    >>> Heat problems?
    >>> Does´t need alot of "juice" from the psu?
    >>> Tell me all :)

    Some people prefer the ACME power supplies over the Enhance. Some of the
    Enhance models had problems and failed right away. I have the newer
    version of the Enhance, model 2002 I believe. That one seems to be ok.
    It's the quietest power supply I have had in a Shuttle

    > It just seems reasonable that if you want to use a high power separate
    > video card, with a GPU that may have even more transistors than your
    > CPU and produce a great deal of heat, that these mini boxes are not
    > the way to go. They are great when you use the onboard video. But
    > when adding a separate "gamer's" video card, I would go with a mid
    > tower, a good power supply, and plenty of air flow to cool everything.
    > Shuttle makes some fine full size ATX or microATX motherboards that
    > are excellent in a larger case. I'm not ragging on Shuttle, I have
    > one of their boards and love it; and we just purchased a few hundred
    > of the mini-boxes for student labs. But the small ones and a full
    > powered video card are just not a good match, in my opinion.

    They are definately not for everyone. They're great if you're a gamer
    and going to LAN parties or have space constraints. The last model I got
    (SN45G) does not have on board video so it was intened that you use a
    seperate AGP card. You can make them as powerful as a full size PC, you
    just can't stuff a lot of things inside. No space.

    Allen, Aug 13, 2003
  11. Arto V

    Terry Guest

    Allen <> wrote in message news:<Xns93D64DF696AFallennoemailcom@64.164.98.29>...
    > Dennis Roark <> wrote in
    >
    > > "JT" <> wrote in
    > >
    > >> After speaking with tech support they said they have had problems
    > >> with the ACME power supplies and ATI video cards. Tech support
    > >> directed me to the US Shuttle site to get a RMA so they can replace
    > >> my ACME power supply with one made by a company called Enhanced. Hope
    > >> it works but I still believe that a 300 watt ps would be better.
    > >>
    > >> "Arto V" <> wrote in message

    > Shuttle?

    > Some people prefer the ACME power supplies over the Enhance. Some of the
    > Enhance models had problems and failed right away. I have the newer
    > version of the Enhance, model 2002 I believe. That one seems to be ok.
    > It's the quietest power supply I have had in a Shuttle
    >
    > > It just seems reasonable that if you want to use a high power separate
    > > video card, with a GPU that may have even more transistors than your
    > > CPU and produce a great deal of heat, that these mini boxes are not
    > > the way to go. They are great when you use the onboard video. But
    > > when adding a separate "gamer's" video card, I would go with a mid
    > > tower, a good power supply, and plenty of air flow to cool everything.
    > > Shuttle makes some fine full size ATX or microATX motherboards that
    > > are excellent in a larger case. I'm not ragging on Shuttle, I have
    > > one of their boards and love it; and we just purchased a few hundred
    > > of the mini-boxes for student labs. But the small ones and a full
    > > powered video card are just not a good match, in my opinion.
    > >

    > They are definately not for everyone. They're great if you're a gamer
    > and going to LAN parties or have space constraints. The last model I got
    > (SN45G) does not have on board video so it was intened that you use a
    > seperate AGP card. You can make them as powerful as a full size PC, you
    > just can't stuff a lot of things inside. No space.

    Running a 9700 AIW Pro and a Hauppauge PVR350... runs a little warm
    but no problems....

    Terry, Aug 14, 2003
  12. Arto V

    Darthy Guest

    On 13 Aug 2003 19:08:56 -0700, (Terry) wrote:

    >Allen <> wrote in message news:<Xns93D64DF696AFallennoemailcom@64.164.98.29>...
    >> Dennis Roark <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > "JT" <> wrote in

    >> Shuttle?

    >> Some people prefer the ACME power supplies over the Enhance. Some of the
    >> Enhance models had problems and failed right away. I have the newer
    >> version of the Enhance, model 2002 I believe. That one seems to be ok.
    >> It's the quietest power supply I have had in a Shuttle
    >>
    >> > It just seems reasonable that if you want to use a high power separate
    >> > video card, with a GPU that may have even more transistors than your
    >> > CPU and produce a great deal of heat, that these mini boxes are not
    >> > the way to go. They are great when you use the onboard video. But
    >> > when adding a separate "gamer's" video card, I would go with a mid
    >> > tower, a good power supply, and plenty of air flow to cool everything.
    >> > Shuttle makes some fine full size ATX or microATX motherboards that
    >> > are excellent in a larger case. I'm not ragging on Shuttle, I have
    >> > one of their boards and love it; and we just purchased a few hundred
    >> > of the mini-boxes for student labs. But the small ones and a full
    >> > powered video card are just not a good match, in my opinion.
    >> >

    >> They are definately not for everyone. They're great if you're a gamer
    >> and going to LAN parties or have space constraints. The last model I got
    >> (SN45G) does not have on board video so it was intened that you use a
    >> seperate AGP card. You can make them as powerful as a full size PC, you
    >> just can't stuff a lot of things inside. No space.

    >Running a 9700 AIW Pro and a Hauppauge PVR350... runs a little warm
    >but no problems....

    So... I should be able to run a PLAIN fx5900 which should use about as
    much power as the 9700 AIW and the PVR tunner together...?

    Darthy, Aug 14, 2003