    plastered all over the place - even the driver disk.

    Thanks in advance,

    Paul Nixon
    khobar, Dec 15, 2005

  2. khobar

    Augustus Guest

    > Anyway, can someone shed some light on the Jetway M-9600? It's got Radeon
    > plastered all over the place - even the driver disk.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Paul Nixon

    You need to download the Mobility Radeon drivers...under the Notebooks with
    ATI Graphics when you go to choose the type of Radeon drivers
    Augustus, Dec 15, 2005

  3. khobar

    khobar Guest

    "Augustus" <> wrote in message
    > > Anyway, can someone shed some light on the Jetway M-9600? It's got

    Radeon
    > > plastered all over the place - even the driver disk.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > >
    > > Paul Nixon

    > You need to download the Mobility Radeon drivers...under the Notebooks

    with
    > ATI Graphics when you go to choose the type of Radeon drivers

    Thanks. The OS is Win2K and, apparently, ATI no longer provides the 5.12
    driver in the Win2K "Notebooks with ATI graphics" section. However, I'm not
    really sure I need it - the video card seems to be working quite well as
    tested against a similar system running an Nvidia 6200.

    Paul Nixon
    khobar, Dec 16, 2005
  4. khobar schrieb:

    > I just received a Jetway Radeon M-9600 AGP card 96MXAT128C) to replace an
    > ATI 9600 AIW (moved the AIW to a different system) and I'm a bit puzzled
    > that the new card is identified as being a Fire GL T2/T2e rather than a
    > Radeon.

    Strange. The FireGL T2 is basically a Radeon 9600 with some additional
    features and better OpenGL drivers, but FireGL cards are only made by
    ATI and not by any other board makers...

    > Also puzzling is that the Catalyst 5.12 drivers downloaded from ATI would
    > not install (Error in INF - no video driver found). I thought perhaps the
    > problem was that the card really was a Fire GL T2/T2e, so I downloaded the
    > appropriate drivers for that card. Same error!

    Even more strange. If neither the ATI Catalyst or the Unified FireGL
    driver work, then it's very likely that something is wrong with this card...

    > Anyway, can someone shed some light on the Jetway M-9600? It's got Radeon
    > plastered all over the place - even the driver disk.

    Well, the GPU initialization from the firmware chip decides if the GPU
    identifes itself as a Radeon or a FireGL. If this initialization fails,
    the card might id itself wrongly. This can be caused by a defect.

    As I said FireGL cards are only made by ATI itself. The PCB is red btw.
    So there are three possibilities:
    - you got a real ATI FireGL T2 which more or less errorneously got put
    in the wrong box -> keep it
    - the card is defective and due to this defect also identifies itself
    wrongly -> bring it back
    - the card is a falsificate (yes, there are falsificates of FireGL
    cards) -> bring it back

    BTW: What has this to do with "Radeon Mobility"? A Radeon Mobility is a
    notebook GPU and usually not found on AGP gfx cards...

    Benjamin
    Benjamin Gawert, Dec 17, 2005
  5. khobar

    J. Clarke Guest

    Benjamin Gawert wrote:

    > khobar schrieb:
    >
    >> I just received a Jetway Radeon M-9600 AGP card 96MXAT128C) to replace an
    >> ATI 9600 AIW (moved the AIW to a different system) and I'm a bit puzzled
    >> that the new card is identified as being a Fire GL T2/T2e rather than a
    >> Radeon.

    > Strange. The FireGL T2 is basically a Radeon 9600 with some additional
    > features and better OpenGL drivers, but FireGL cards are only made by
    > ATI and not by any other board makers...
    >
    >> Also puzzling is that the Catalyst 5.12 drivers downloaded from ATI would
    >> not install (Error in INF - no video driver found). I thought perhaps the
    >> problem was that the card really was a Fire GL T2/T2e, so I downloaded
    >> the appropriate drivers for that card. Same error!

    > Even more strange. If neither the ATI Catalyst or the Unified FireGL
    > driver work, then it's very likely that something is wrong with this
    > card...
    >
    >> Anyway, can someone shed some light on the Jetway M-9600? It's got Radeon
    >> plastered all over the place - even the driver disk.

    > Well, the GPU initialization from the firmware chip decides if the GPU
    > identifes itself as a Radeon or a FireGL. If this initialization fails,
    > the card might id itself wrongly. This can be caused by a defect.
    >
    > As I said FireGL cards are only made by ATI itself. The PCB is red btw.
    > So there are three possibilities:
    > - you got a real ATI FireGL T2 which more or less errorneously got put
    > in the wrong box -> keep it
    > - the card is defective and due to this defect also identifies itself
    > wrongly -> bring it back
    > - the card is a falsificate (yes, there are falsificates of FireGL
    > cards) -> bring it back
    >
    > BTW: What has this to do with "Radeon Mobility"? A Radeon Mobility is a
    > notebook GPU and usually not found on AGP gfx cards...

    The board he's talking about has the Radeon Mobility 9600 on it for some
    reason.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    J. Clarke, Dec 17, 2005
  6. khobar

    Mirko Guest

    http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/hotline/20051217/etc_mobilityfgl.html

    I can't read the text, but this seems to be a rather "exotic" graphics card.

    Mirko, Dec 17, 2005