? RAM requirements: Celeron D 2.93Ghz Processor. Socket 478

Discussion in 'ECS' started by Sam, Dec 5, 2005.

  1. Sam

    Sam Guest

    I am running the following memory sticks in my ECS PVMM2 V 5.a
    motheboard: Ultra 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz CL3 . Can anyone tell me if
    my motherboard supports the following CPU: CeleronĀ® D 2.93Ghz
    Processor Socket 478 Bus Speed 533MHz and will I have to buy another
    type of memory for this CPU/MB combo if I decide to get it?

    Thanks

  2. "Sam" <> wrote in message
    > I am running the following memory sticks in my ECS PVMM2 V 5.a
    > motheboard: Ultra 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz CL3 . Can anyone tell me if
    > my motherboard supports the following CPU: CeleronĀ® D 2.93Ghz
    > Processor Socket 478 Bus Speed 533MHz and will I have to buy another
    > type of memory for this CPU/MB combo if I decide to get it?
    >
    > Thanks

    Ram may work underclocked to DDR266. CPU should work, but you may need
    BIOS upgrade. Check manufacturers web sit for full spec.
    Mike.

    1. Advertising

  3. Sam

    Sam Guest

    "Michael Hawes" <> wrote in message
    : Ram may work underclocked to DDR266. CPU should work, but you may
    need
    : BIOS upgrade. Check manufacturers web sit for full spec.
    : Mike.

    To my surprise, I got an email from ECS support and they said, "Your
    motherboard doesn't support Intel Celeron D processor.
    Only DDR200/266 memory can be supported by your motherboard".

  4. tcsenter

    tcsenter Guest

    Re: ? RAM requirements: Celeron D 2.93Ghz Processor. Socket 478

    Only P4VMM2 V7.3 and higher support Celeron D and Prescott.

    >>Only DDR200/266 memory can be supported by your motherboard".<<

    This is correct. DDR--- refers to the effective operating frequency of
    the RAM, not a module specification. PC3200 is a module specification.

    Only DDR200 and DDR266 can be supported by your motherboard, though
    PC3200 will operate at both frequencies.

  5. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Re: ? RAM requirements: Celeron D 2.93Ghz Processor. Socket 478

    Wonderful. I guess I have no options available with the current mb and
    ram.

    :